Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hopkins versus cunningham at cruiserweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hopkins versus cunningham at cruiserweight?

could the old man pull it off for his 3rd divisional title?

he probably could, but hopkins & cunningham both said via twitter the fight wont happen being that nazim trains them both.

would be cool though, a Philly showdown.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      he probably could, but hopkins & cunningham both said via twitter the fight wont happen being that nazim trains them both.

would be cool though, a Philly showdown.
      oh didnt know that..respect for nazim then

Comment

I've been asking for this fight for about a year now. Cunningham is the IBF champ up there and he's from Philly. Who knows, maybe they're friends and wouldn't fight. But we have to remember, Hopkins went up 15lbs already. You know 15lbs is what Mayweather went up from 130 to 147[17lbs but i'm just rounding it out] and for Mayweather going those 15lbs was only 4 weight classes. For Hopkins going up 15 lbs was 2 weight classes.

For Pac, 15lbs from Flyweight is about 4 weight classes I think? Correct me if i'm wrong. And you see being a champ in 4 weight classes is already highly regarded. I mean who had it tougher, you do the comparison. Roy Jones had to jump 25 lbs alone to go to HW for his title in 4 weight classes. That's not mentioning Roy starting at 154 and going through 160, 168, and 175, which from 154 is a total of 29lbs, that was just to go up 3 weight classes, Pacquiao going up 29lbs from Flyweight is considered like 87 weight classes, while for Jones debut weight it's only 3 weight classes.
        Last edited by -Spinal-; 05-27-2011, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
          I've been asking for this fight for about a year now. Cunningham is the IBF champ up there and he's from Philly. Who knows, maybe they're friends and wouldn't fight. But we have to remember, Hopkins went up 15lbs already. You know 15lbs is what Mayweather went up from 130 to 147[17lbs but i'm just rounding it out] and for Mayweather going those 15lbs was only 3 weight classes. For Hopkins going up 15 lbs was 2 weight classes.

For Pac, 15lbs from Flyweight is about 4 weight classes I think? Correct me if i'm wrong. And you see being a champ in 4 weight classes is already highly regarded. I mean who had it tougher, you do the comparison. Roy Jones had to jump 25 lbs alone to go to HW for his title in 4 weight classes. That's not mentioning Roy starting at 154 and going through 160, 168, and 175, which from 154 is a total of 29lbs, that was just to go up 3 weight classes, Pacquiao going up 29lbs from Flyweight is considered like 87 weight classes, while for Jones debut weight it's only 4 weight classes.
          None of those guys went up 15lbs at age 41 though.

I think going to cruiserweight at 46 is kinda crazy. I don't think it's good to add that kinda weight at that age.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
            oh didnt know that..respect for nazim then
            It's not even that. They both train at Schulers and Joe Hands together. Chances of that are so unlikely. Same with Steve ever fighting Eddie. Diff trainers but still partners in the gym.

Comment

yeah, w/naz tranin the bith, unlikly to happen

Comment

Working...
              X