Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if a philipino or puertorican beat Linares yesterday, there would be non stop hype

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if a philipino or puertorican beat Linares yesterday, there would be non stop hype

so whats up with all the mexicans on this site? i have yet to see a thread on salgado and that dude is a beast. linares was a real good, 2 weight champion and was highly touted. i was shocked as hell yesterday. juan manuel lopez beat a bum called ponce de leon and hes the second coming of trinidad. philipinos, well pretty much if a philipino fighter gets any type of exposure you can guarantee hype.

Yeah rite !! Gomezs first loss was to a Mexican 30 years later you dont stop hearing it !! Have you ever heard oof Juan Laporte? I dont think you have !! Salgado is just an unknown fighter as well as LInares. Hes just another Khan vs Prescott !!

Comment

Originally posted by IwatchBoxing View Post
      Yeah rite !! Gomezs first loss was to a Mexican 30 years later you dont stop hearing it !! Have you ever heard oof Juan Laporte? I dont think you have !! Salgado is just an unknown fighter as well as LInares. Hes just another Khan vs Prescott !!
      khan was 18-0. linares was 27-0. khan was a 0 time champion. linares was a 2 time, 2 weight champion.

Comment

Juan Carlos Salgado looks good and we give him the props he deserves, we let the man do the talking in the ring, JuanMa looks like **** and every single puerto rican in the world makes a Boxingscene account and make threads praising JuanMas heart and skill and other stupid ****.

Comment

There was a couple of threads congratulating Salgado already. But they were civilized because the ******ed mexicans that would have hyped him like Xcaret or Shalafi are all currently banned.

Comment

alot of it has to do with this guy not being hearlded at all and his lack of good opposition in the first place. its great he scored that knockout, but the fact is, other than lineares, there is nothing impressive at all about him. i have to agree though, if this guy was pinoy or rican, i have to agree, hed be hyped no doubt. the rican and pinoy contingents are large on this board

Comment

Oh gosh! Don't make that Salgado victory a PR/MEX beef. I gave him all the credit in the world, that was a great win and I like the way he went for the killing. But let's be honest he was unknown even for a lot of Mexicans.

Comment

Well he will not be unkown anymore by mexican boxing fans, millions watched him yesterday.

His fight was shown on TV Azteca,

It was the first fight they showed, after that they showed the Nishioka fight and after that from Latin Fury they showed the Omar Chavez and Juanma fights.

Comment

thats cuz we produce champions left and right, salgado was just one of them...

Comment

Originally posted by El Jaguar View Post
                    Well he will not be unkown anymore by mexican boxing fans, millions watched him yesterday.

His fight was shown on TV Azteca,

It was the first fight they showed, after that they showed the Nishioka fight and after that from Latin Fury they showed the Omar Chavez and Juanma fights.
                    Hey how was that? TV AZTECA showed the fights 4 free??? Congrants 4 da new champion btw!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X