Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev vs. Ward: MGM Oddsmaker Gives His Take

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's really scary about Kovalev vs. Ward, is that this is the closest we've come to a 50/50 mega-fight in boxing, and what if the PPVs are less than Canelo vs. Smith? What would that do to the sport? Look at all the people who claim to be GGG fans. How many people purchased GGG vs. Lemieux? If Kovalev vs. Ward draws the same as GGG vs. Lemieux, what happens next?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      What's really scary about Kovalev vs. Ward, is that this is the closest we've come to a 50/50 mega-fight in boxing, and what if the PPVs are less than Canelo vs. Smith? What would that do to the sport? Look at all the people who claim to be GGG fans. How many people purchased GGG vs. Lemieux? If Kovalev vs. Ward draws the same as GGG vs. Lemieux, what happens next?
      I get your point about this being close to a 50-50 fight but it has not been the only one. Leonard vs Hearns was also a 50-50 fight.
      And yes I hope Ward vs Kovalev produces the same type of revenue and legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        Soo I got out of this experts and sharps are betting Ward to win and casuals are going with Kovalov???
        That's also what I got out of this article

All hail SOG

Comment

Can't worry about the buys. If this fight warrants a rematch, I think that'll be even bigger and more important for this sport. Idc the price, this is the fight to buy if you wanna buy any

Comment

Kovalev by KO. Ward by decision. That's all I hear when I ask ppl about this fight. I just hope it's a good fight. Idc, this fight needs to deliver.

Comment

Crawford vs Postol was viewed as a 50:50 fight and didn't sell well,some guys are just Hard to sell to casuals.

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
                slappin' soggy does not have the power to keep kovalev off of him
                Kovalev has been stopped before in the amateurs and dropped 4 times vs Boone.

Kovalev doesn't have the chin or stamina to walk thru Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  And with good reason. Both Kovalev and Ward are undefeated and in their prime, making for a rare and exciting boxing match-up and a testament to the moxie of the boxers and the promoters.

[Click Here To Read More]

Over a year ago I said that Ward would be favorite in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                    people with common sense, are picking kovalev

despite the fact that the article says the opposite

wants big drama show, just doesn't want any actual drama

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      despite the fact that the article says the opposite

wants big drama show, just doesn't want any actual drama
                      He wants that scripted drama in a complete mismatch.

Comment

Working...
                      X