No announcement yet.

Cotto a tougher opponent for Floyd...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto a tougher opponent for Floyd...

Than Oscar was at 154 in 2007? I think this version of Cotto is a tougher task than that version of Oscar. What you think?
    2007 Oscar
    44.44%
    2012 Cotto
    55.56%

I don't know if you got the memo bro but this will be Mayweathers easiest fight, of his life. Well that's how most people on this site make it to be. Remember Cotto is going to get Gatti'd. /Sarcasm
    Last edited by chibomber; 04-24-2012, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Cotto can still fight and is past his prime-still good, but Mayweather just seems all wrong for him.

In 2005, Arturo Gatti could still fight, was the WBC JWW champ, was past his prime-still good at that point. Some people thought Gatti was going to give Floyd a rough night, most thought even though Gatti could still fight that Floyd was all wrong for him, and that Gatti was going to get a beatdown. I could see that happening May 5th with Cotto. Cotto has limited head movement and retreats a lot, then tries to expload with a "quick combo". The problem is that once Cotto lets Floyd walk him down, it's all over for him. He's going to get tagged over and over, and he won't be able to explode and open up on Floyd like he could with Magarito.

I doubt Floyd stops him like he did Gatti though. It'll be a 12 round wide UD.

Comment

Oscar is much bigger than Miguel, physically stronger and a much better puncher. Oscar is also more durable, I can't see how Cotto is a tougher opponent, honestly.

Comment

In a word; No.

Cotto is one of Mayweather's least toughest fights since Oscar. Including Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            In a word; No.

Cotto is one of Mayweather's least toughest fights since Oscar. Including Oscar.
            It's still an important fight for Floyd though, to get Cotto on his resume while Cotto can still fight.

I just can't see anyway that Cotto is a serious threat to Floyd style wise.

Comment

I dont see it that way. I belive that Cotto will stand his ground and apply smart pressure, and mixing it up.

By smart pressure I mean, he may come agressive, then when Floyd attemps to counterpressure him, Miguel will allow him just to trap him. At times Miguel will attempt to pressure and at time he will attempt to be the boxer/puncher.

It will be a very interesting fight. I got Miguel with a TKO by 8th round.

Yo Voy al Mio!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                In a word; No.

Cotto is tougher than Hatton, JMM, that version of Shane, and Ortiz. I don't see how you say he's one of the least tough fights since Oscar.

I agree that the version of Oscar that Floyd fought was definitely more of a challenge than Cotto though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                  Oscar is much bigger than Miguel, physically stronger and a much better puncher. Oscar is also more durable, I can't see how Cotto is a tougher opponent, honestly.
                  De La Hoya was faster than Cotto, too.

However, I can see this being a slightly tougher fight for Mayweather than some people are anticipating.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
                    I dont see it that way. I belive that Cotto will stand his ground and apply smart pressure, and mixing it up.

By smart pressure I mean, he may come agressive, then when Floyd attemps to counterpressure him, Miguel will allow him just to trap him. At times Miguel will attempt to pressure and at time he will attempt to be the boxer/puncher.

It will be a very interesting fight. I got Miguel with a TKO by 8th round.

Yo Voy al Mio!
                    You honestly in your heart of hearts believe Cotto is going to stop Floyd???

Comment

Working...
                    X