Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most accurate punchers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Monzon's punch accuracy is underrated.

The second Briscoe fight for example, what a display of accuracy, every punch just landing so smoothly.

Arguello another one.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      I never got a chance to watch Savon much....BUT he had the advantage of the master as his teacher and I firmly believe that the Cuban program from that time was one of the best boxing programs bar none. Stevenson would have been a monster as a pro the speed of a middle weight, the power of a heavyweight, with reach and superb footwork. If you had to build the ultimate heavyweight in a gym from different parts you might well wind up with Stevenson or Savon.
      The Cuban boxing system is always one of the best, it's only debatable calling it the best. I always wondered how the two would do in the pro's, would they still be able to move like they did for 12-15 rounds? Would they be as heavy if they were fighting 12-15 rounds? It's a shame that they never did turn pro but it does add to the legend and always makes hardcore boxing fans think 'what if'.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
        The Cuban boxing system is always one of the best, it's only debatable calling it the best. I always wondered how the two would do in the pro's, would they still be able to move like they did for 12-15 rounds? Would they be as heavy if they were fighting 12-15 rounds? It's a shame that they never did turn pro but it does add to the legend and always makes hardcore boxing fans think 'what if'.
        I had that same question. Its a matter of making some adjustments. On the whole guys coming out of the Cuban system do very well. people tend to assume that if a boxer does not become elite they did ot do well. Fact is elite is a very small percentage, the better measure of success is if a guy does well, has skills, etc. Take a guy like the guy Bowe fought at heavy...I think his name was Gonzalez....Sure he got beat by Bowe, but he had a decent career as a heavyweight, had skills...These guys do well on the whole, not even talking about the elite Cuban fighters.

This tells me that Stevenson and Savon would have done well. But alas...it is conjecture!

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          I had that same question. Its a matter of making some adjustments. On the whole guys coming out of the Cuban system do very well. people tend to assume that if a boxer does not become elite they did ot do well. Fact is elite is a very small percentage, the better measure of success is if a guy does well, has skills, etc. Take a guy like the guy Bowe fought at heavy...I think his name was Gonzalez....Sure he got beat by Bowe, but he had a decent career as a heavyweight, had skills...These guys do well on the whole, not even talking about the elite Cuban fighters.

This tells me that Stevenson and Savon would have done well. But alas...it is conjecture!
          Gonzalez was ****ing idiot. Speaking his name in the same sentence to Savon and Stevenson is an insult. Gonzalez was largely flat footed, he didn't have that bounce that Stevenson and Savon had and he lacked the skills as well. He usually used his eminence size and his clubbing right hand to put his opponents out which was strange for someone coming out of the Cuban boxing school. It's funny how you mention his fight with Bowe, I was just watching it the other night lol! Bowe just out muscled him, outworked him and proved to Gonzalez that he improved since they last met in the amateurs and he hadn't. That was because Gonzalez believed he was perfect before he turned pro because he was a top cuban boxer and ended up listening to no one and didn't improve much. Savon and Stevenson would have done much better then that clone i'm absolutely sure about that.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
            Gonzalez was ****ing idiot. Speaking his name in the same sentence to Savon and Stevenson is an insult. Gonzalez was largely flat footed, he didn't have that bounce that Stevenson and Savon had and he lacked the skills as well. He usually used his eminence size and his clubbing right hand to put his opponents out which was strange for someone coming out of the Cuban boxing school. It's funny how you mention his fight with Bowe, I was just watching it the other night lol! Bowe just out muscled him, outworked him and proved to Gonzalez that he improved since they last met in the amateurs and he hadn't. That was because Gonzalez believed he was perfect before he turned pro because he was a top cuban boxer and ended up listening to no one and didn't improve much. Savon and Stevenson would have done much better then that clone i'm absolutely sure about that.
            But the thing is despite the fact that Gonzalez was not nearly as capable, which I agree with, he managed to do reasonably well as a pro fighter. Of course he was no savon lol. Even the poor fighters that come out of their system compare well professionally. Having said that.... Gonzalez was indeed a flat footed goof and it was quite satisfying watching his semi bald pate get knocked around the ring by bowe. Bowe was pissed!

Comment

Working...
            X