No announcement yet.

Who saw Bellator on ****e TV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who saw Bellator on ****e TV?

Who here watched Bellator on ****e TV? Looked like a pretty good card to me, what did you guys think? I hope this means that the UFC has some major competition again. So is this owner well liked or another corporate douche?

Any why do they edit out the word S P I K E on here?

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Who here watched Bellator on ****e TV? Looked like a pretty good card to me, what did you guys think? I hope this means that the UFC has some major competition again. So is this owner well liked or another corporate douche?

I didn't catch it but I wondered that myself. I think its because of what it says minus the e? Though I always thought it was a C & not a K

Not entirely sure but that is my best guess. Will have to download that card or grab it over on the tube.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

It was a very nice card.

Bjorn Rebney is a classy guy. I like the Bellator commentators as well, Jimmy Smith in particular.

Bjorn Rebney is the founder of the company, but Viacom purchased a majority stake when they made the deal to go to S p i k e, which Viacom owns. They had a no-compete clause with Zuffa, which expired in 2013, which is why Bellator just made the move to the network. The deal was made some time ago.

In general, I don't see much comparison of the Zuffa ownership and Bellator's. Viacom is a huge corporation of course, however the Fertittas are basically tycoons.

Comment

According to this, it's a racial slur for a Hispanic Jew.

http://www.rsdb.org/slur/s p i k e *(remove spaces)

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
          It was a very nice card.

Bjorn Rebney is a classy guy. I like the Bellator commentators as well, Jimmy Smith in particular.

Bjorn Rebney is the founder of the company, but Viacom purchased a majority stake when they made the deal to go to S p i k e, which Viacom owns. They had a no-compete clause with Zuffa, which expired in 2013, which is why Bellator just made the move to the network. The deal was made some time ago.

In general, I don't see much comparison of the Zuffa ownership and Bellator's. Viacom is a huge corporation of course, however the Fertittas are basically tycoons.
          From listening to the whole Alvarez situation, Rebney does not seem to be a straight up guy, also I had suspicions about that before the Alvarezs situation even got exposed about him making sure other fighters could not fight for anyone else nor Bellator and just holding up their contracts. None of these promoters are really straight up guys. The only one so far that seems legit that I have seen is Ray Sefo.

Comment

I got to catch this card live, good card last.night

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
              From listening to the whole Alvarez situation, Rebney does not seem to be a straight up guy, also I had suspicions about that before the Alvarezs situation even got exposed about him making sure other fighters could not fight for anyone else nor Bellator and just holding up their contracts. None of these promoters are really straight up guys. The only one so far that seems legit that I have seen is Ray Sefo.
              Very true, but he doesn't insult his fighters for disagreeing with him, doesn't call women kunts in interviews, hasn't forced them to sign over rights to their likeness forever or be fired, hasn't verbally attacked fans who complain, doesn't have a habit of frequently lying. So, I'll take him over Dana White any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Very true, but he doesn't insult his fighters for disagreeing with him, doesn't call women kunts in interviews, hasn't forced them to sign over rights to their likeness forever or be fired, hasn't verbally attacked fans who complain, doesn't have a habit of frequently lying. So, I'll take him over Dana White any day.
                Yeah, hes like Scott Coker in that regard (more classier in that regard and knows how to give an interview without shooting himself in the foot).

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                  Yeah, hes like Scott Coker in that regard (more classier in that regard and knows how to give an interview without shooting himself in the foot).
                  Poor Coker. Though he wasn't easy on the eyes, he busted his ass building Strikeforce and after they sold, basically got a puppeteer hand shoved up his ass and now who the hell knows if he has anything to show for those years of work. He was such a nice guy that even White spoke good of him until Showtime picked them up.

Comment

Yeah I always liked Coker. Who ran Affliction? Wasn't it Donald Trump and Mark Cuban? Two pretty good card, while that lasted. I'm liking Rebney so far.

There was some article on Bleacher Report on whether fans would be ready for a Pride comeback. The writer concluded no, not yet, but maybe in the future. Do you guys think a major promotion would ever come out of Japan again, like Pride did?
                    Last edited by Anthony342; 01-19-2013, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X