Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Froch Kessler only a 4 star on Boxrec?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Froch Kessler only a 4 star on Boxrec?

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...6951&cat=boxer

The easily meets the criteria for a 5 star fight i.e. both fighers with over 330 points. I know it's only a technical thing, but would be nice to see it on the 5 star list:

http://boxrec.com/5star.php

Why is Shane Mosely, who hasn't won a fight in four years, rated above Marcos Maidana.

Boxrec is brilliant for dates & records but no one should take any notice of its ratings.

Comment

Better not tell Froch about this. He won't like it at all. Seriously I did not know about this star rating. They rate Froch as #2 in the world at 168 and Kessler at #3 and of course Ward is rated #1 so that sounds about right.

Comment

The boxrec star ratings are possibly worse that their rankings, it's close. A while back you had Mares Agbeko and Moreno Vic both listed as 4 star, and on the same night Mike Jones Lujan as 5 star.

Comment

Price v Thompson is 5*

lol

Comment

only use boxrec for dates and such thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              The boxrec star ratings are possibly worse that their rankings, it's close. A while back you had Mares Agbeko and Moreno Vic both listed as 4 star, and on the same night Mike Jones Lujan as 5 star.
              I believe all their ratings are number/computer based, so that probably has something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                I believe all their ratings are number/computer based, so that probably has something to do with it.
                They are. Smaller divisions seem to be penalized in p4p sense which devalues these bouts in their star ratings.

Comment

it's been "upgraded" to 5 stars

Comment

For the simple fact that they don't know shit about boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X