No announcement yet.

Rampage Vs Rashad OFFF!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LiamNO1 View Post
    Well he better keep counting them millions because if he doesnt come and fight he wont be earning millions
    A couple of things:

1. I thot for sure you would have been calling me all kinds of names by now so the fact that you havent really means you earned my respect

2. I'm a fan as you are and after the crazy hype that the fight is gonna get after TUF its probably gonna hurt me too to know the fight is scrapped.

3. I knew how bad the business is, its hard to make money and as a boxing and MMA fan I see too many talented fighters and their career broke.

I would much rather see him fight Rashad but honestly can you blame the man for taking the role?

According to sources for his last fight at UFC 96, his base pay is 225k with 100k being his win bonus, he also got a 60k fight of the night award which totals it to 385k.

He's gotta pay the trainers and all the other fees and he's gonna lose a lot of that money to taxes.

With this role he's probably getting paid at least 500,000 to play such a big role and he doesnt have to get punched in the face to do it. Add to the fact that he's got that charisma and he's probably gonna charm his way to other big paying movie roles.

After years of getting kneed in the face in Japan I cant fault him for cashing out now because at worst it will be a wake up call when he returns to the cage and Rashad punches his head of his shoulders.

Comment

its a good move for Page, kinda ****s on the fans though

he passed on a match with machida so he could "settle a grudge" with rashad. ufc puts the machine behind the fight, gives him home field advantage by having the fight in memphis and he still backs out

again, good move for him personally, bad move for his fighting career. dude dont seem to have that fire he used to have

Comment

Originally posted by StillUnknown View Post
        its a good move for Page, kinda ****s on the fans though
        That just about sums it up.

Comment

yea really disapointed when i heard this. gonna have to wait till next year now

Comment

I don't blame him IF this is true. But they should replace him as a coach on TUF. Part of the premise is that it works as a build-up show for the coaches to fight eachother.

Get Rampage out, and replace him with Tito! That would be fun as hell, and would be a great chance to re-introduce Ortiz to the scene.

Comment

im so mad heard about this like a week ago i couldnt believe this **** i was looking forward to seeing rampage ko the most overrated fighter in the ufc

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
                I don't blame him IF this is true. But they should replace him as a coach on TUF. Part of the premise is that it works as a build-up show for the coaches to fight eachother.

Get Rampage out, and replace him with Tito! That would be fun as hell, and would be a great chance to re-introduce Ortiz to the scene.
                they cant the show was taped months ago

Comment

Like someone said, he doesn't have the fire he used to have. Come on, he couldn't handle Forrest Griffin's leg kicks and lost the title with a decision. Fail.

He's just not good enough (nowadays), I believe he knows it and stalls his career one way or another and cashing in while he can. I'll gamble a prediction and say he'll be irrelevant after 1-2 fights/losses.

Bottom line, he doesn't want Rashad and he certainly doesn't want Machida. He is about 6 light years away from the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post

well its a little too late to be replacing him as a coach since 90% or more of the show has already been taped.

Comment

Originally posted by M Deezy View Post
                      well its a little too late to be replacing him as a coach since 90% or more of the show has already been taped.
                      Filming finished around July sometime apprently. They only film the show for 6weeks and think it started in June.

This fight got cancelled last week soon as Rampage was annouced to play the role. The UFC might be complainin about it now but won't once Rampage starts to promote the show and they ask him about been a former UFC champion. It is a sad thing for the fans not to see this fight but good business for the UFc at same time.

Comment

Working...
                      X