Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara: I've Studied Golovkin, I Know His Flaws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No point in Lara GGG. Lara has no chance according to boxingscene so bring on more Willie Monroe type of fighters. War GGG!

Comment

so far there is no precedent for an al haymon managed fighter being allowed on HBO, so what's the point in even discussing this. furthermore, lara lost his last big fight and stunk out the joint and has done nothing since then. i'm not saying i'd be opposed to him fighting golovkin, but there's no reason that he should feel entitled to another pay day at this juncture in his career. i want to see him face one of the charlos or j-rock

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        weight classes are significant. there's nothing i can do for you if you don't understand what my post was intended to do rhetorically.

professeur
        I never said they weren't.

You'd know all about weight being significant since you carry so much around.

I don't see how that counters anything I said.

Comment

Only Golovkin fans are opposed to a Lara/Golovkin fight.

For how confident they seem to be in their guy, it's a bit puzzling. I don't get it.

Comment

Did Lara just say the place was sold out? The place held like 300 people and I swear I saw only about 30 people at the place. Part of that delusion I guess.

I give him credit though. At least he finally put his weak opponent away. Let him do it a few more times before he calls for a bigger fight.

Comment

Chicken runner Lara hahaha
              De Shicken gets KO'd

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post
                Only Golovkin fans are opposed to a Lara/Golovkin fight.

For how confident they seem to be in their guy, it's a bit puzzling. I don't get it.
                What about people who aren't GGG fans, but don't want to see HBO spend money on a fight where Lara will run a 10K? I already paid PPV money to watch Lara do this against Canelo, I don't want to see him in another big fight until he proves his "new" aggressive style in more than one fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  I never said they weren't.

You'd know all about weight being significant since you carry so much around.

I don't see how that counters anything I said.

i carry a 50 lb backpack up mountains and ski down them
                  outta shape doe!

you said lara has a better resume, and he's been fighting contenders at 154 [and at times losing / not always looking great.]

golokin has fought slightly lesser ranked 160 lbers, who would pound on 154 lbers. every fighter on lara's resume would be a mismatch for golovkin. angulo? vanes? austin trout? canelo? freddie hernandez? than guy he beat up the other night? this is a better resume than a middleweight?

a contender at 160 and a contender at 154 don't have the same value unless you're comparing resumes in an abstrat "pound for pound" sense, which doesn't actually exist, and means nothing when guys fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
                    What about people who aren't GGG fans, but don't want to see HBO spend money on a fight where Lara will run a 10K? I already paid PPV money to watch Lara do this against Canelo, I don't want to see him in another big fight until he proves his "new" aggressive style in more than one fight.
                    You'd rather pay money to see Golovkin against a guy like Lemieux?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      i carry a 50 lb backpack up mountains and ski down them
                      outta shape doe!

you said lara has a better resume, and he's been fighting contenders at 154 [and at times losing / not always looking great.]

golokin has fought slightly lesser ranked 160 lbers, who would pound on 154 lbers. every fighter on lara's resume would be a mismatch for golovkin. angulo? vanes? austin trout? canelo? freddie hernandez? than guy he beat up the other night? this is a better resume than a middleweight?

a contender at 160 and a contender at 154 don't have the same value unless you're comparing resumes in an abstrat "pound for pound" sense, which doesn't actually exist, and means nothing when guys fight.
                      So you agree that Lara has fought better competition.

What are you arguing about?

Comment

Working...
                      X