No announcement yet.

Props To Roc Nation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Props To Roc Nation

1 year in the sport and their stable reads Miguel Cotto, Andre Ward and Guillermo Rigondeaux. All 3 top 10 P4Pfighterzbin the sport. They mean bussines and soon they will over take Top Rank and Golden Boy.

Reminds me more of when 50-cent signed Andre Dirrell, James Kirkland, Yuriorkis Gamboa, and Billy Dibb. Basket full of headcases.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
      1 year in the sport and their stable reads Miguel Cotto, Andre Ward and Guillermo Rigondeaux. All 3 top 10 P4Pfighterzbin the sport. They mean bussines and soon they will over take Top Rank and Golden Boy.
      Within a year Cotto will get KTFO and Ward will too that leaves rigondeux and he holds no weight
      Roc nation is dead. It's just jay z chew toy

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
        Within a year Cotto will get KTFO and Ward will too that leaves rigondeux and he holds no weight
        Roc nation is dead. It's just jay z chew toy
        Tell us more psychic.

Comment

They mean bussines and soon they will over take Top Rank and Golden Boy.
          I wouldn't go nearly that far. As mentioned 50 Cent made some good moves early & than did f#ck all for a couple years & mostly piggybacked his guys on TR shows iirc. RN is starting even stronger, smarter & bolder than 50 did, but I'm taking a wait & see attitude with them still. They've put on a few of their own shows about 1 year in & they got some prospects who are still on the way up so I think seeing what they make happen over the next couple years is key to them being a player long term in boxing.

And I mean they names they got aren't the most awe inspiring pickups lets be real. Ward doesn't wanna seem to wanna fight any legit competition. Or at least he hasn't in 3(?) years & shows no desire now outside of his contract with HBO that seems to hinge on him fighting Kovalev in the 2nd half of 2016. Cotto seems a couple fights from being out of the game & could be out of the game in by this time 8 days from now. And Guillermo is 35 already & barely fights & barely nobody wants to fight him it seems. These aren't the most likely guys to have a maximum successful next couple years lets be real.

Comment

They signed two guys who rarely fight and a third who said he's retiring within a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              Reminds me more of when 50-cent signed Andre Dirrell, James Kirkland, Yuriorkis Gamboa, and Billy Dibb. Basket full of headcases.
              thats a reach

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                Realy how so? None of the guys you mentioned are p4p

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  They signed two guys who rarely fight and a third who said he's retiring within a year.

This right here, new promotional company need to follow GBP blueprint (which they are doing all over again) dont worry about right now worry about the future and sign nothing but prospects and fighters with potential and develop them.

5 years from now GBP will be back on top.

Comment

Only Cotto is in a meaningful fight. Ward looks like he'll have another 2 "tune ups" and Rigo's career has stalled hard.

Comment

Working...
                    X