Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haymon with wayyyyy more news coming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said before. Boxing is now the new WWE. Next we will be able to buy Adrian Broner and Danny Garcia dolls and pack backs full of illuminati symbols and ****t like that.

Comment

All for getting everything under 1 Banner and 1 Promotion!

As far as belts goes, no don't think create their own belts is a great idea because of the HISTORY in those Belts.

Maybe, WBC and WBA recent agreements and them trying to get more organized could be part of Haymon's long term plan, also the IBF suppose to be joining that agreement as well. This way fighters can then officially unify titles.

Of course the typical trolls on this forum are now against trying to put everything under one roof in boxing because it is Al Haymon who is organizing it. NO SUPRISE!
      Last edited by sicko; 01-16-2015, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Still waiting for ops source

Comment

I usually oppose "monopolies" (for various reasons depending on the industry), but not in this case and sports in general (until the negatives outweigh the positives).

I've heard a part of the terms to one of Haymon's contracts and they are very generous to the fighter (especially considering the way they've been abused in the past). At the moment, there have not been the amount of fighters who have signed with Haymon, who have come forward to declare him as a shady character.

His reputation has suffered a bit due to the lack of competitiveness of his shows (in addition to his Mayweather/black fighter/betting favorite association), so that is a strike against him, but if he's going to be putting on shows like the ones that have recently been announced, then he will slowly turn the tide for the most part because there is no way of satisfying every individual).

If he treats his fighters well and forms great matchups and shows, with most of the top fighters eventually signing with him, the people against it will either have to begrudgingly change their mind or have empty arguments for their opinion. I'd definitely like to see this fragmented sport go through a makeover.

Comment

Source?.....

Comment

I wouldnt fight it. Make it hapen. As llong as it doesnt turn circus like the UFC and start doing women fights and letting WWE fighters in I would be fine.

See, people refer to UFC in this case, but boxing is known for making stars. Theyre everywhere, Come from nowhere all the time. UFC doesnt have that and doesnt know how. That type of fight game doesnt really allow for it. I think boxing would thrive in this model.

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post
                I usually oppose "monopolies" (for various reasons depending on the industry), but not in this case and sports in general (until the negatives outweigh the positives).

I've heard a part of the terms to one of Haymon's contracts and they are very generous to the fighter (especially considering the way they've been abused in the past). At the moment, there have not been the amount of fighters who have signed with Haymon, who have come forward to declare him as a shady character.

His reputation has suffered a bit due to the lack of competitiveness of his shows (in addition to his Mayweather/black fighter/betting favorite association), so that is a strike against him, but if he's going to be putting on shows like the ones that have recently been announced, then he will slowly turn the tide for the most part because there is no way of satisfying every individual).

If he treats his fighters well and forms great matchups and shows, with most of the top fighters eventually signing with him, the people against it will either have to begrudgingly change their mind or have empty arguments for their opinion. I'd definitely like to see this fragmented sport go through a makeover.
                I can see how much you know of Haymon's contracts- $het! Dude has contract extensions which tied up fighters just like a promoter with no commitment to how many fights a fighter is going to get a year or minimum purses.
                Among other shady verbiage which he can manipulate when it come time to make serious money which he can control everything. But fools will learn how this game is played the hard way.

Haymon will be mock by all sports experts. It's not like boxer are going to come out drop kicking fools. We already got that it's called MMA.

Al made this into a joke and the WBA, WBC and others now see the picture and no other choice but to unify.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  Of course the typical trolls on this forum are now against trying to put everything under one roof in boxing because it is Al Haymon who is organizing it. NO SUPRISE!
                  one promoter doesn't work, look how fast the UFC is fading and they couldn't make their superfights despite holding both sides. In boxing you will just have the haymon guys not fight anyone else. Top Rank, GB etc won't just go away.

Comment

this is a joke cause haymon fighters will not be allowed to fight top rank, GBP, Lou Dibella, Eddie Hearn etc.

Comment

The one good thing I can say about ROCNATION is that Jay Z is keeping it real. All his added is some extra entertainment and os not trying to reinvent the sport. You don't play boxing!

Comment

Working...
                      X