Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Five years ago today Pacquiao destroyed Cotto. Could he do it again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacquiao has fallen off pretty bad, Cotto is very confident right now unlike when he came off his "win" over Clottey. At 152-154lbs, it would be a very good fight. But I highly doubt Pacquiao let's Cotto come in at anything higher than 150lbs, and that would be a pretty drained Cotto considering he's been 154-155 since 2010 starting with Foreman. Excluding his Margarito rematch of course.

Another thing is the Roach factor and Cotto having to get yet another new trainer because Roach will not pick to train Cotto over Pacquiao.

I would say, at 152-154, Cotto may win or lose, I honestly don't know. But he won't get stopped. At 150 or lower, Cotto will be drained and weak, he may survive a 12 round UD loss.

Comment

Cotto was in his prime in that first fight. Any weight 150 or under, Manny wrecks him again. He just couldn't deal with the speed and made the mistake of trading with Manny.
      At like 155 or above who knows, I'd still take Manny probably.

Comment

Sure, if he weight drains him again, smh

A healthy Cotto destroys him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          Cotto was in his prime in that first fight. Any weight 150 or under, Manny wrecks him again. He just couldn't deal with the speed and made the mistake of trading with Manny.
          At like 155 or above who knows, I'd still take Manny probably.
          In 2009, Cotto was not seen as a prime fighter. He was seen as being on the slide. He had just been beaten almost to death by Margarito, got a little cheap vacant title win against Jennings, and then was seemingly beaten by Clottey but luckily got the hometown decision. Mosley was ranked above Pacquiao and Cotto, at #1. Then after Pacquiao beat Cotto he became #1, Mosley went down to #2, Mayweather #3, and Cotto #4. At the time Pacquiao beat Cotto, Mosley was the best WW.

Don't get me wrong, Cotto wasn't seen as prime against Mayweather either.

Comment

in his recent fights cotto looks better physically. when pac moped the floor with him, he still looked relatively soft. how that would translate in a rematch is anyone's guess. i think manny probably beats him again though.

Comment

If it was fought at around the 150 mark..i'd take Pacquiao by UD.
              Last edited by Chrismart; 11-14-2014, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by B0XEO View Post
                Sure, if he weight drains him again, smh

A healthy Cotto destroys him.

CLOTTEY TO PAC..... 146 TO 145......

the only weight drain is your thoughts.

Comment

Pacquiao would still win.
                  Maybe not by KO, but unanimous decision.

Comment

Manny Pacquiao by decision.

Cotto struggles with southpaws.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab-Slip-Troll View Post

CLOTTEY TO PAC..... 146 TO 145......

the only weight drain is your thoughts.
                      Then why did Pacquaio ask for it?

Comment

Working...
                      X