No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermain Taylor Avoids Prison, Receives Suspended Sentence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
    While I certainly agree the guy needs help. He has no business in the general public. If the options were freedom or jail, his ass needs to be in jail.
    Yep. The f#cked up part of this is that this time next year there might be someone dead cuz of Jermain Taylor & this situation not being handled correctly (imo) this time around.

Has anyone looked into CTE type **** with Taylor? Or does he legit have a drug problem?

Comment

19 years holychit. I dont think Taylor can avoid trouble again, so next time hes going for 19 years plus whatever the new charges are.

Im convinced its from head injuries, his personality completely changed. Theres no way to fix that, though I think there are some drugs and treatments that help.... I havent read anything about him being diagnosed or being treated for this stuff.. Sadly I think he either ends up in prison or dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Yep. The f#cked up part of this is that this time next year there might be someone dead cuz of Jermain Taylor & this situation not being handled correctly (imo) this time around.

Has anyone looked into CTE type **** with Taylor? Or does he legit have a drug problem?

Seems like CTE, its the same behavior. Some of the articles mention "drug and alcohol use", but dont specify what drugs and on top of that I dont remember him ever testing positive for drugs during boxing or any mention of it in the news and hes been required to have weekly drug tests for a while now as conditions of one of this releases. I think more likely its CTE and any drug/alcohol abuse is a symptom of that as well. They mention drugs but theres nothing out there as far as failed drug tests.

Comment

taylor wasn't cleared to fly home after the abraham fight.

doctors gave him a CAT scan, from what i remember. i'm bviously not a doctor, btu i'm led to believe that cat scans can detect blatant trauma, but also variations in the physical character of the brain when compared to a "baseline" of previous tests / imaging.

i've got a bit of time, so i;m going to look for the medical rulings on his licensure, and any publicly available verifying medical data. so far, i've found this on the ring mag website, from an article prior to his fight with sam soliman.

"Taylor received a CT Scan and an MRI among other tests in the days after the loss to Abraham and was diagnosed with a concussion, short-term memory loss and bleeding on the brain."

i'm really not sure what constitutes the diagnosis for CTE, or if you can even diagnose it without a brain being removed. i'm led to believe that you cannot.

reading into it quickly, it's a medical term used to characterize symptoms that used to be called "punch drunkeness." right now it can't be diagnosed until after death. taylor is 100000% punch drunk. we don't need to do a biopsy on his brain to determine that.

Comment

http://******.craveonline.com/news/3...lcohol-testing

well here they mention marijuana, with the doc saying he may have brain damage but others continue to clear him to fight.

And consider marijuana on a CTE brain may make them more unstable. So I dont think hes a druggie.

Comment

Idk if I should hire his lawyer or move to Arkansas to do **** he did and get away with it

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

doctors gave him a CAT scan, from what i remember. i'm bviously not a doctor, btu i'm led to believe that cat scans can detect blatant trauma, but also variations in the physical character of the brain when compared to a "baseline" of previous tests / imaging.

i've got a bit of time, so i;m going to look for the medical rulings on his licensure, and any publicly available verifying medical data. so far, i've found this on the ring mag website, from an article prior to his fight with sam soliman.

"Taylor received a CT Scan and an MRI among other tests in the days after the loss to Abraham and was diagnosed with a concussion, short-term memory loss and bleeding on the brain."

i'm really not sure what constitutes the diagnosis for CTE, or if you can even diagnose it without a brain being removed. i'm led to believe that you cannot.

reading into it quickly, it's a medical term used to characterize symptoms that used to be called "punch drunkeness." right now it can't be diagnosed until after death. taylor is 100000% punch drunk. we don't need to do a biopsy on his brain to determine that.

I remember gary busey saying he was put on some kind of meds and that toned him down, he was in a motorcycle accident with a head injury that caused his crazy behavior. So I think they can help a little bit with drugs but its not like they can permanently fix a damaged brain.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

Good info. So **** CTE is just something guys in theory have til it can be proven or not after they've died. Didn't know that. I need to go watch that Will Smith movie. Heard it good.

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                  And consider marijuana on a CTE brain may make them more unstable. So I dont think hes a druggie.
                  You'd think that'd calm him down. But regardless I've never heard any Jermain meth type rumors & I've never had to calm down a friend who was high from talking about shooting up a parade. So it would seem obvious there is something else going on here besides drug use & bad decisions. Although maybe they aren't even considering that sort of **** at all in court & you'd need some advocate in the system to figure this out. I mean this CTE stuff is still kinda new mainstream-wise & this is Arkansas we're talking about.

Comment

Not sure about your questions tbh. Its just messed up that a guy with obvious mental problems, whatever the cause is, was allowed to walk.

Comment

He needs the highest dose of Seroquel XR to completely sedate him at all times. He shouldn't be in public.

Regarding possible drug use, I remember he posted a video that looked like he had coke on his face. It got taken down real quick.
                      Last edited by El-blanco; 05-20-2016, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X