No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Gives Lemieux a Beat Down To Unify Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    People are fussing about it because many fighters have lost fights by disqualification for lesser punches when a fighter was down. Its a dirty move and very dangerous thats why it usually leads to automatic disqualification. Jones lost to griffin for a lesser shot and he would of won that fight easily too. Proved it in the rematch. GGG got lucky the ref didn't stop the fight or take a point away.
    Jones was dq'd because Griffin was KO'd from the punch. (or pretended to be). Also Jones shot was delayed significantly. He actually hit him twice when he was down.
    Lemieux got up. But should of been given time to recover.
    Maybe GGG should of been deducted a point, but it would of made zero difference.

Comment

• Based on this performance I actually think it will be even harder for GGG to get the big dogs to fight him. He showed he is not just a slugger and that he can change it up and outbox and jab you to death too. Proved he has many ways to beat you and can adapt. Scary fight for anyone at 160.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
        Quillin has to be next man, no one else left in 160.
        How is Quillin next? Explain this to me.

GGG is the mandatory to the WBC Middleweight title that Cotto holds, and he will enforce it one way or the other. Whether it's actually fighting the Cotto/Canelo winner, or forcing either one to vacate so he can become the Full WBC Champion.

Stop making up opponents that are not on GGG's radar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          I said this fight would be garbage, it was. I said Mayweather-Pacquiao would be one sided, it was. ******s like you thought differently, but i'm the dumb one?
          Absolutely,,,, YOU are THE dumbasszzz'

This was a good fight and I am ashamed of you MANG ! This was hit and not get hit !!!! That's what you like isn't it ?? Tap and run like hell ????

Comment

• I was there. 10th row. Perfect view of the ferocity of GGG. No middle weight can with stand his power and pressure. That jab is fundamental. Lemieux's corner never worked his eye and he never used his jab to get inside. I dont know why people are so against or second guess GGG's ability. Must just be haters point blank. Any way MSG was so loud it was deafening.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
              Huh,so that explains why we are 5 weeks away from cotto-canelo and we still don't know at what weight ward will fight at...or who he will fight for that matter. It's really simple,so just follow me on this one. Golovkin rehydrated to 170 this night,while ward weighed in at 172 for his last fight. That means that even after fully rehydrating,golovkin is still smaller than wards weigh in weight. So please stop spouting this "they're the same size " nonsense.
              Look at Golovkins frame he could move up easily, he dwarfed Lemieux tonight. Weight wasn't a problem when he wanted to fight Froch, it's the skill of Ward he's afraid of.

Comment

• Originally posted by mistermartin View Post
                It's called business baby...GGG is HBO's asset. All of this sheet is staged (in a sense). Meaning orchestrated to tell a story of the "Big Bad Wolf" from Khasakstan who has the highest ko% in history of boxing...smh foh. But the point is Lamply told you wut was at stake for the network. Pac & May are dunzo & the show must go on. They're banking (forcing) on a ggg having the kind of crossover appeal that pac had as a foreigner & translating into giant ppv revenue. The ref is an agent of the networks & commission kinda like the cops are the agents of the local gov. They troll for dollars. The ref has to do his part & ensure the tko vickie. Afterall wtf is going to risk their asset against a guy w/ a punchers chance. you just eliminate that poss altogether by stopping the ****. & allowing the show to go on.....simple as that folks. It's a new day.
                Good bit of truth here.

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                GGG totally neutralized Lemieux. Dude had to respect GGG's power/jab and couldn't go as aggressive as he wanted. As a result, GGG's slight better reach and superior jab did work.

Lemieux was not on his knee when GGG threw the punch. He was dropping down but even then it's an honest mistake.
                So far you're the first to claim that. Everyone else says it was a cheap shot when Lemieux was already down.

At the least it should've been a point deduction, but in my opinion too blatant, should've been a DQ.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I think Lemieux just needs a good trainer. Hunter or Roach could bring out his strengths and fix the weaknesses. He has talent, even if few agree. He just needs a full makeover.

Was this fight even USADA tested? Reason I ask, GGG's punch resistance is too super human. Starting to think he's juicing. Anyone else besides me thinking that?

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
                  Roy got disqualified for.doing something like.that.
                  Yeah, for knocking somebody out with that shot, unlike in this fight.

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  People are fussing about it because many fighters have lost fights by disqualification for lesser punches when a fighter was down. Its a dirty move and very dangerous thats why it usually leads to automatic disqualification. Jones lost to griffin for a lesser shot and he would of won that fight easily too. Proved it in the rematch. GGG got lucky the ref didn't stop the fight or take a point away.
                  It was clearly an accidental shot that didn't devastate Lemeiux at all. It's really not as big of a deal as you make it seem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                    Any making hay over it is just looking for excuses. It was literally not a shot that even hurt him. He obviously did not see him go down.

Every time Lemieux landed the noted it, every dang time.

He had literally just went down.

And let us take a look at that Roy jones one, it came much later, and after he clearly went down.

He didn't accidental hit him. And it hurt him, Lemieux wasnt hurt by it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQD6gfatgYY

Lemieux was bleeding and clearly looked at the ref like help me. He will see it after he watched the tape. He was done, it was clear for awhile.
                    David landed maybe 2 good shots the entire fight. Honestly, and GGG took them didn't blink.

Comment

• Originally posted by Datkidjavy View Post
                      Bad stoppage but the referee was all over ggg after the stoppage but ggg needs to move up in weight or that was the last time I waste my money on him. That punch while David was on a knee was cheap and he hit him a couple of times after the bell during that round also
                      As far as i know GGG makes 160 confortable as in he doesnt struggle...so why move up when he can still make 160? I can see if he has nothing left to accomplish at the wt then yeah move up...but theres still 2 straps out there

Comment

Working...
                      X