No announcement yet.

Cottos Competition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
    Hatton would have been easy money for Cotto. Hatton is too ne dimensional and Cotto would have pick him apart.
    Tell me about it! The only thing Hatton has ever done is prove how difficult a fight Cotto would have been for Floyd at 147. Look what a 154 Cotto did while un motivated!

Comment

Originally posted by YOKOMOHOYO View Post
      I think he can add wins over Martinez and Canelo to his resume. I truly believe he can. I think Cotto's biggest weakness has always been pressure and volume against him. I dont think Canelo or Martinez have the punch output or the style to Keep Cotto from coming forward.

Cotto coming forward= Problem

To me Cotto is not "back". To me he was always there. He just had to fight different against Mosley , Margarito and Pacquiao. I think he didnt have to "box" as much against Mosley , but I think it was an impressive win the way we saw Cotto doing something different for the first time in that fight.

Cotto is not "great" at anything in particular. But he is very good at everything.
      I agree with most of your post. However, I think prime Cotto was great at body punching. He was, perhaps, the best at it since Chávez and every bit as good as Golovkin nowadays. His jab, when it's on, is borderline great.

Comment

Originally posted by ImStillHere View Post
        Tell me about it! The only thing Hatton has ever done is prove how difficult a fight Cotto would have been for Floyd at 147. Look what a 154 Cotto did while un motivated!
        I said it in 2005 and I say it in 2013, Prime Cotto is the one man created to beat Mayweather Jr. If Roach can keep Cotto loking like he did against Rodriguez then an Mayweather rematch is a must see.

Comment

A dream fight for me would be Cotto vs Marquez

Comment

Originally posted by YOKOMOHOYO View Post
            I think he can add wins over Martinez and Canelo to his resume. I truly believe he can. I think Cotto's biggest weakness has always been pressure and volume against him. I dont think Canelo or Martinez have the punch output or the style to Keep Cotto from coming forward.

Cotto coming forward= Problem

To me Cotto is not "back". To me he was always there. He just had to fight different against Mosley , Margarito and Pacquiao. I think he didnt have to "box" as much against Mosley , but I think it was an impressive win the way we saw Cotto doing something different for the first time in that fight.

Cotto is not "great" at anything in particular. But he is very good at everything.
            Yes! I would love to see a Cotto that was told to hunt vs Margarito. `Say Cotto that fought Judah vs Margs.

But I disagree, Cotto has a great, no a brilliant jab and his left hook is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx30 View Post
              I agree with most of your post. However, I think prime Cotto was great at body punching. He was, perhaps, the best at it since Chávez and every bit as good as Golovkin nowadays. His jab, when it's on, is borderline great.
              Yeah you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                I said it in 2005 and I say it in 2013, Prime Cotto is the one man created to beat Mayweather Jr. If Roach can keep Cotto loking like he did against Rodriguez then an Mayweather rematch is a must see.
                Everything I've learned from boxing is from my brother and the first live fight I ever watched was Mayweather vs De La Hoya. And I had Oscar winning. My brother no doubt had Floyd winning easily.

I slowly realized that my brother was right and that most people end up with the wrong score in boxing. The ONLY time me and my brother disagreed about a fight after that (dispite Trout vs Canleo) was Donaire and Rigo where I taught Rigo would win and my bro taught Donaire would win.

But after him and I agreed Rigo was far superior

But dispite great fighters like Jorge Linares, Donaire, Kell Brook me and my brother, try to see what make great fighters. From what I've seen the great fighters are Gamboa/Crawford/Rigo/Ward/Brook and possibly Bradley,Soloman. Daquan Arnett, Errol Spence Jr, Demetrius Andrade

Comment

Originally posted by SD180sx View Post
                  A dream fight for me would be Cotto vs Marquez
                  IMO and only IMO, Cotto beats JMM bad and real bad! JMM has never been fast enough to deal with Cotto and don't think he is better than Cotto who is fit and ready. I see Marquez would take knee from left hooks to the body!

Comment

Originally posted by ImStillHere View Post
                    Funny you mention Oscar! That's the one fight Id love to see.

Left jab and left hook vs left jab and left hook. Cotto better defense and movement vs Oscars chin.
                    Would have loved to see this fight, but oscar was a part time fighter when cotto became a star,,,

prime vs prime oscar 99 vs cotto 07,, oscar ko's him late

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      Would have loved to see this fight, but oscar was a part time fighter when cotto became a star,,,

prime vs prime oscar 99 vs cotto 07,, oscar ko's him late
                      Probably Oscar does Ko him but we don't know! Oscar was hurt to the body vs Hopkins and we all know Cotto game pre Margs was to rip the body and I think Cotto head is quick enough to dodge most of Oscars attacks.

Comment

Working...
                      X