No announcement yet.

How Much Credit Does Floyd Sr get?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Credit Does Floyd Sr get?

Against cotto, floyd look as bad as he did in years. Since then he's back on his game with other worldy defense. Where is the love for Floyd Sr?

Floyd SR and Angel Garcia showed most of the clowns here on NSB that what they say has no bearing on how they teach the art of boxing.

Both deserve votes for trainer of the year. I'd lean toward Angel myself but floyd has looked on a completely different level this year.

If I'm a young fighter I ask my manager to get them to train me.

Comment

Hard to really say. Guerrero and Canelo both fought with terrible game plans it seems.

Cotto fought a good fight and would have been a very tough fight for Floyd if he wasn't 3 or 4 years past his best.

Comment

DD, don't you think the opposition has something to do with a fighter looking bad?

Comment

One more note, I think one of the biggest adjustments he's made is convincing Floyd he can still lead, go forward, and be defensive. Both guerrero and Canelo seemed completely unprepared for that.

Comment

I think Floyd defense is still wonderful, but i never see Sr or Roger for that matter ever giving Floyd any real instructions

Comment

Floyd Sr. definitely deserves a ton of credit. Floyd has never looked good at 154. In his prior fights there he looked somewhat sluggish and a step slower. This time around Floyd had excellent movement and foot work and his reflexes were extremely sharp. I think his impressive performance can also be attributed to him being active this year. The game plan was perfect for Canelo. I haven't seen Floyd use his jab that effectively in a while. The Sr/Jr tandem added another year or 2 to Floyd's career. If he was fighting with Roger in the last 2 fights, Floyd would've taken a lot more unnecessary damage.

Comment

Best Defensive trainer in the biz. Saturday was proof.

Comment

i knew floyd sr was legit when he was in the ring against zelenoff and exposed the p4p greatest zelenoff with his defence.

1)zelenoff never caught sr once
                  2)even at 60 years old his defence was unpenetrable this shows us that you dont need awesome reflexes to pull it off.

sr taught floyd all he knows and with floyd being twice the fighter his dad was you can bet your bottom dollar that floyd jr will be able to fight way into his 90s if he feels like it.

sr deserves 100% credit

Comment

Only just realised it musta been murder for him sitting at ring side all these years not being able to give floyd advice.

Comment

Working...
                    X