No announcement yet.

What is the point of Rules in Boxing if they are not enforced

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the point of Rules in Boxing if they are not enforced

Why do we accept such cheating in our sport?

What the cheats do:

Fighters deliberately coming over the weight limit such as Salido and Mayweather have done

Fighters constant holding and pushing them down used as a tactic to stop another fighter from working on the inside as Wlad does in numerous fights.

The use of the head either to butt or bore into the opponents face like Holyfield and Andre Ward have done.

Constant and deliberate low blows as Mares and Salido have done.

Pushing a fighter away as Amir Khan has done, but at least he was punish for it.

Elbows, arm locks, and other tactics not in the Queensbury rules of boxing.

Not only that we seem to forgive and hardly punish boxer that use PEDs, such as Mosley, Roy Jones and James Toney

It seems that in pro boxing that cheater do actually prosper.

But the worst thing is, is how the so called fans excuse these infringements and even encourage them.
    Yes, the refs need to do their job
    90.91%
    No, the refs and the commission do a fine job of making the sport fair
    9.09%
    No, cheating is ok if you can get away with it. I cheat all the time
    0.00%
    No, I'm a MMA and I like all the elbow, headbutts and grappling
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post

What the cheats do:

Fighters deliberately coming over the weight limit such as Salido and Mayweather have done

Fighters constant holding and pushing them down used as a tactic to stop another fighter from working on the inside as Wlad does in numerous fights.

The use of the head either to butt or bore into the opponents face like Holyfield and Andre Ward have done.

Pushing a fighter away as Amir Khan has done, but at least he was punish for it.

Not only that we seem to forgive and hardly punish boxer that use PEDs, such as Mosley, Roy Jones and James Toney

But the worst thing is, is how the so called fans excuse these infringements and even encourage them.
    There are rules but the rules are not enforced. Nobody's held accountable and the fans are too used to it so they don't care either then they act like a nutshot doesn't hurt.

The worst thing I've heard is "veteran tactics" wtf is that supposed to mean. I don't remember veterans like JMM, PAcquiao, Toney, Martinez, Glen Johnson revert to such "veterant tactics". There is nothing veteran about it, it's cheating.
    Last edited by pesticid; 03-02-2014, 11:46 AM.

Comment

SRR

Comment

I'd prefer to let them fight instead of the ref being over involved and affecting the outcome.

Comment

Honestly, I watch the sport for the interaction of the fighters. Boxing, as a sport, is a joke. Bad decisions, poor officiating, etc. No major sport even comes close to the mess that is professional boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            I'd prefer to let them fight instead of the ref being over involved and affecting the outcome.
            same here, rather the fighters handle it then the ref.

Comment

Rules are in boxing not to dictate the fight but to keep both fighters from taking unnecessary punishment and keep from overly unnecessary fighting. This is a sport where you are fighting for your life, no matter how you look at it... you do what you can to win.

I am far from being a person to defend cheating in a fight but I didn't see a need to blow a fight out of context. A young boxer didn't know what to do about dirty tactics. Boxing is far from being a sport in which like football and basketball the rules don't run the fight. Solis did deserve a point reduction but that is it....

As a boxer, in fact I was taught pushing off, how to come in possibly bigger than an opponent, how to react to fouls but you cannot let rules dictate a sport like boxing.

Comment

So cheating is OK in boxing.

And when fights become farces that is OK too.

It is a shame that some fans think this way.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation

What the cheats do:

Fighters constant holding and pushing them down used as a tactic to stop another fighter from working on the inside as Wlad and Lomachenko do in numerous fights.

Quick fix.

He can still make it to SRR status doe.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    So cheating is OK in boxing.

And when fights become farces that is OK too.

It is a shame that some fans think this way.
                    If they think like that they probably are ok with taking dives, corrupt referres and judges. I mean cheating is cheating. There are rules. You want a street fight, go to the street. If somebody feels he is great and can win without cheating he wouldn't cheat

Comment

Working...
                    X