Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eminem to play Boxer role in new movie "Southpaw"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dumb consept, but will probably be a good movie. The dude kicked ass in 8mile.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
      I gotta agree with you. You grew up poor - big ****ing deal, a lot of people do.

He's been wealthy for the entire prime of his life and will be until he dies. STFU and stop rapping about drugs and get shot like a normal rapper and rhyme about that.
      lol well that was harsh but i agree with the overall sentiment.

Comment

8 mile was about music, eminem wouldn't intimidate a fly let alone another man.

Comment

he has to get rog and floyd jr to train him---seeing how floyd and em are both the best at what they do and floyd and em both love 50---and are all freinds, that would be perfect--lol--and em and floyd are both from michigan--detroit and grand rapids--

and even though, it's about em being a left handed fighter--and maybe freddie roach could train him--i think em is more like a mayweather type of fighter, he's a thinker--not just raw talent--

i don't know really--it seems like it'll be good though--

Comment

I dont feel bad 4 people who become rich and then cant stop doing drugs and then crumple because of their own issues. Its sad ofcourse but come on guys...... How u can u feel bad 4 him when there are so many people in poor countries born in poverty and **** like that. **** eminem and his drug habbit!!!

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
              Hmm. Sounds interesting. I was impressed by Eminem's acting ability in "8 Mile". I thought he did a really good job.

Also, it's nice to see some decent boxing movies being made.
              Yeah, he was definitely good in 8 Mile. I don't have much faith in Kurt Sutter right now though, so meh.

Comment

Originally posted by FLYBOY View Post
                DreamWorks has made a preemptive acquisition of Southpaw, a pitch for a star vehicle for Eminem (Marshall Mathers) that will be written by Sons of Anarchy creator/exec producer Kurt Sutter. Like in Eminem’s 2002 screen starring debut 8 Mile, Southpaw will be fueled by the struggles that inform Eminem’s music and mirror his life. Eminem will play a fast-rising welterweight boxer who brawls his way to the title, only to see his world crash down around him due to tragedy. The movie is about his fight to reclaim past glory.” At its core, this is a retelling of his struggles over the last five years of his life, using the boxing analogy,” Sutter continued. “I love that the title refers to Marshall being a lefty, which is to boxing what a white rapper is to Hip-Hop; dangerous, unwanted and completely unorthodox. It’s a much harder road for a southpaw than a right handed boxer.”
                Can Em still make the welter limit? He's gonna be weight drained.

Comment

Sorry to all fans of his but I can't stand Eminem.

Comment

Originally posted by Libido Sanchez View Post
                    Can Em still make the welter limit? He's gonna be weight drained.
                    Yeah, he's a super middle who fights Pacquiao at the end and has to make welterweight with a 143 catchweight

Comment

Well it will be quality production we know that with the Sons of Anarchy producer on board, lets hope its a quality movie.

Comment

Working...
                      X