Collapse
No announcement yet.

All of the Presidential Candidates Suck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty fitting for the American regime isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      How small is this business, cause if it's small enough to just have 3 workers at all, my guess is you won't need 3 different people at 40 hours a week each. When I was 20 I got promoted at this shoe company and it was a huge warehouse, and we had 3 people working full time and 3 others working part time. It was much bigger than a small business little shop like you are seemingly talking about, and we only had 160 hours a week to give people. And our stone alone made around 1.2-1.5 Million each year depending on the year.

Point is, I don't think your small little business with 3 workers would need 120 hours a week for workers.

My mother owns her own business at a vet, she employs like 8 others or so. Her business makes roughly 1 million a year, and she takes home about 100K a year. She also pays her workers, mostly vet techs, anywhere from 10 dollars to 20 dollars an hour.

My thing is, if you are a small business as tiny as that one where he only turns a 70K profit a year, then he probably doesn't need 3 workers all working 40 hours a week. He probably need 1 full time worker, aside from himself unless he doesn't work there, and a couple other part timers. After all, like you said, there are also kids who start out at small jobs like that as well. So if he has THAT small of a business, he'd be an idiot to employ 3 other people full time.

My mothers business is pretty successful, and she rakes in much more money than your example, and only employs 3 other people full time 40 hours.
      I see. So you think (or the govt thinks) that you're in a position to tell a private business what it needs or doesn't need, better than the person running it. And you're willing to enforce certain rules/regulations, consequences be damned. Because of an anecdotal example of your mom? Brilliant!!!

This is the type of ignorant and yet arrogant thinking that has contributed to the decline of the Free market economy.
      Last edited by One_Tycoon; 02-12-2016, 08:41 PM.

Comment

I'm not saying it needs to be $15 an hour, but it could be somewhere in between.

No...you're not saying much at all. So you definitely shouldn't be dictating to entrepreneur's and business owners on what they should pay their workers.

Comment

4corners is a good case against why there shouldn't be a pure Democracy...and for a constitutional republic.

Comment

4corners is one of those Gruber spoke about.

Comment

Originally posted by 0ne_Capitalist View Post
              I see. So you think (or the govt thinks) that you're in a position to tell a private business what it needs or doesn't need, better than the person running it. And you're willing to enforce certain rules/regulations, consequences be damned. Because of an anecdotal example of your mom? Brilliant!!!

This is the type of ignorant and yet arrogant thinking that has contributed to the decline of the Free market economy.
              No, I'm saying what small small business only turning a 70K profit for himself the owner, actually employs 3 full time workers besides him or herself, 40 hours a week???

Cause there's plenty of businesses that are larger that only employ 3 full time workers including the manager, plus maybe 1-2 additional associates. And these are businesses that make a million or near that a year.

So his example of the small little mom and pop shop in a tiny town that only makes 70K a year having 3 full time employee's working 40 hours a week, and leaving the owner with only 17K after paying them.....well either that's not true, or that's a lousy business owner.

You have to run your business according to your profit, obviously. And employing that many full time workers, in addition to yourself, would be pretty stupid, when you're only turning that small of a profit. That's all bro.

Damn, you guys get all defensive. But I cede to the experts man. But damn ya'll really come off like pricks and get all bent outta shape.

I still maintain I don't vote, because it's just one party trying to screw the other over to get them out of office. And the media sure doesn't help in that regard either. But it's always voting what you or I or anyone thinks the lesser of the evil is.

Comment

How small is this business, cause if it's small enough to just have 3 workers at all, my guess is you won't need 3 different people at 40 hours a week each. When I was 20 I got promoted at this shoe company and it was a huge warehouse, and we had 3 people working full time and 3 others working part time. It was much bigger than a small business little shop like you are seemingly talking about, and we only had 160 hours a week to give people. And our stone alone made around 1.2-1.5 Million each year depending on the year.

Point is, I don't think your small little business with 3 workers would need 120 hours a week for workers.

My mother owns her own business at a vet, she employs like 8 others or so. Her business makes roughly 1 million a year, and she takes home about 100K a year. She also pays her workers, mostly vet techs, anywhere from 10 dollars to 20 dollars an hour.

My thing is, if you are a small business as tiny as that one where he only turns a 70K profit a year, then he probably doesn't need 3 workers all working 40 hours a week. He probably need 1 full time worker, aside from himself unless he doesn't work there, and a couple other part timers. After all, like you said, there are also kids who start out at small jobs like that as well. So if he has THAT small of a business, he'd be an idiot to employ 3 other people full time.

My mothers business is pretty successful, and she rakes in much more money than your example, and only employs 3 other people full time 40 hours.
                Your whole paragraph is nothing more than telling the small business owner how he needs to run his business, and what is best for him. That is not up to you to decide.

The small business is a pizza shop that needs 2 full time employees to cook and manage the register, as well as one to go out on deliveries, so yes absolutely three full time employees. Now if you could answer the original question of where the extra money would come from to pay those workers if minimum wage went to $15 then that would be great.
                Last edited by Enayze; 02-13-2016, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Are those seriously the best candidates America could come up with? I wouldn't vote for any tbf.

The British election was much better. Miliband vs Cameron was a proper straightener tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
                    Your whole paragraph is nothing more than telling the small business owner how he needs to run his business, and what is best for him. That is not up to you to decide.

The small business is a pizza shop that needs 2 full time employees to cook and manage the register, as well as one to go out on deliveries, so yes absolutely three full time employees. Now if you could answer the original question of where the extra money would come from to pay those workers if minimum wage went to $15 then that would be great.
                    Well if his pizza shop is only pulling him in 70K a year of profit, he simply doesn't have enough money or need to have that many full time people. It's simple math really. And if they have a full time delivery guy, you would think their business would be making more money than that lol just saying

But if he was destined to have 3 full time guys only making that much money, well the fact is he wouldn't make a good living even off the minimum wage now, and would need to rethink his business strategy bro.

Like eliminate the useless delivery guy. Or make him a part time delivery guy. My thing is, if you are only making that much money, you don't need 3 full time employees. The business wouldn't need a full time delivery guy, cause given how much he's bringing in, it clearly isn't boosting much.

He could have 1 manager at full time, which only really needs to be 35 hours, and run 3 part timers at 10, 15, 20 hours a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post

Re-shared.

I've got nothing else to say to this guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X