No announcement yet.

The occupation in Oregon is a great example of White Privilege

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    You indicated that Obama has caused racial divide in this country. Did I misread what you wrote?
    But he has... Race relations were much better under Nixon, Carter, Reagan, bush 1, Clinton, bush 2... Not since the civil rights movement has there been this much racial upheaval.. And the civil rights movements was handled a lot better than today's current "protests"

When obama says stuff like "that could be my son" before any facts are known or released, he is only dividing society and pandering to a certain group.

Please explain how and give examples of obama bringing people together? Give exact examples of obama uniting people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brick Top View Post
      If you're implying that there aren't race relation problems and you've been living under a rock, don't give me that **** that it's always been like this, it's gotten far worse in the last eight years !
      Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      But he has... Race relations were much better under Nixon, Carter, Reagan, bush 1, Clinton, bush 2... Not since the civil rights movement has there been this much racial upheaval.. And the civil rights movements was handled a lot better than today's current "protests"

When obama says stuff like "that could be my son" before any facts are known or released, he is only dividing society and pandering to a certain group.

Please explain how and give examples of obama bringing people together? Give exact examples of obama uniting people.
      I stand by original statement, racial tensions are worse because the Republicans who are racist (not ALL Republicans are racist) are pissed off that we have a black president and have had a harder time containing their racism. Add that plus the explosion of social media particularly in the past few years and viola... The fact that you're blaming Obama for racial tension and NOT the actual people who ARE racist is a perfect example of the ignorance of this country.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not some off the deep end leftist liberal white apologist who thinks Obama can do no wrong. But claiming this is Obama's fault is fucking laughable.

Comment

I stand by original statement, racial tensions are worse because the Republicans who are racist (not ALL Republicans are racist) are pissed off that we have a black president and have had a harder time containing their racism. Add that plus the explosion of social media particularly in the past few years and viola... The fact that you're blaming Obama for racial tension and NOT the actual people who ARE racist is a perfect example of the ignorance of this country.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not some off the deep end leftist liberal white apologist who thinks Obama can do no wrong. But claiming this is Obama's fault is fucking laughable.
        What's laughable is a President that ran on hope and change, can only assume he meant for the better, has done absolutely nothing to mend race relations as they have spiraled out of control over the last eight years, Obama as the leader of this nation has failed miserably at doing his job, blaming racist Republicans on race relations in the US is a weak argument along with social media as they are just enablers, Obama on the other hand has been educated by mentors who are well known racist and have an absolute hatred for the way the United States was founded, now this wouldn't be big problem because he's just a man but put him in a position of power like the president of the United States and you get what we have today, somebody that has no intention of fixing race relations, instead pouring fire on the flames over the last eight years, Rev Wright couldn't be any more proud of his pupil Obama !

Race card 101 : under no circumstances is a black person to take responsibility for their own actions, instead blame a racist white person even if they aren't racist, bonus points if they are a Republican !

Comment

• I didn't read your post but OP I agree 100%.

Comment

• We are a nation of laws. those rednecks went too far.

Comment

What's laughable is a President that ran on hope and change, can only assume he meant for the better, has done absolutely nothing to mend race relations as they have spiraled out of control over the last eight years, Obama as the leader of this nation has failed miserably at doing his job, blaming racist Republicans on race relations in the US is a weak argument along with social media as they are just enablers, Obama on the other hand has been educated by mentors who are well known racist and have an absolute hatred for the way the United States was founded, now this wouldn't be big problem because he's just a man but put him in a position of power like the president of the United States and you get what we have today, somebody that has no intention of fixing race relations, instead pouring fire on the flames over the last eight years, Rev Wright couldn't be any more proud of his pupil Obama !

Race card 101 : under no circumstances is a black person to take responsibility for their own actions, instead blame a racist white person even if they aren't racist, bonus points if they are a Republican !
              Obama is not responsible for race relations and you have not provided any valid argument to support your claims. But I do criticize him heavily for not doing anything about Wall Street like he promised and doing nothing about trade practices with China, both of which have hurt our economy and are still a threat to do more damage. In other words, Obama is just another corporate puppet like virtually everyone else in politics. That I blame him for absolutely, but not racial divide. Let's agree to disagree.

Comment

• Originally posted by devildg View Post
                We are a nation of laws. those rednecks went too far.
                The government doesn't follow its own laws. You hadn't noticed?

Comment

Obama is not responsible for race relations and you have not provided any valid argument to support your claims. But I do criticize him heavily for not doing anything about Wall Street like he promised and doing nothing about trade practices with China, both of which have hurt our economy and are still a threat to do more damage. In other words, Obama is just another corporate puppet like virtually everyone else in politics. That I blame him for absolutely, but not racial divide. Let's agree to disagree.

As commander-in-chief he's inherently responsible for social issues, especially for such a historically touchy subject as race relations in the United States, if he say nothing or projects himself on an issue before any facts are available as with the Travon case he is in fact responsible for causing racial divide !

Comment

If you're implying that there aren't race relation problems and you've been living under a rock, don't give me that **** that it's always been like this, it's gotten far worse in the last eight years !
                    Or is it because the technology in catching and spreading these types of news have gotten better? You know, especially how synchronized social media and smart phones are.

Question: What makes Obama a bad president? What are you criteria on judging presidency?

Comment

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                      Or is it because the technology in catching and spreading these types of news have gotten better? You know, especially how synchronized social media and smart phones are.

Question: What makes Obama a bad president? What are you criteria on judging presidency?

All this technology still needs taken in with some sensibility, like if that news is being presented before the facts are all in like it always is, we don't need a President just waiting to use his racially dividing comments and making relations worse, as president he should know better, and he does he just doesn't care, someone like Obama was raised and mentored toward believeing that Americas foundation is the problem, you know this is the perfect example of something futile, politics are just one of those things that can't sensibly be debated on both sides, this can go around and around me posting sht about Obama and you posting rays of sunshine shooting out of Obamas ass so I'm not wasting anymore of my breath, but as a finale note being an American gives me all the credentials I need to judge a presidency !
                      Last edited by HipsterRan; 02-12-2016, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X