No announcement yet.

Evil Dead Remake was so messed up it got a NC-17 rating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
    Just watched the trailer, thats the type of **** that sticks in your psyche for years, fuk that noise

Real Shyt. Honestly I don't even bother watching new Horror movies anymore.

Because either

A) They dumb them down with PG-13 ratings to accommodate families and all the underage pansies who want to go to the movies. While at the same time raking in big bucks because they know stupid teenagers will watch them

or

B) They replace genuine thrills and terror with excessive gore. It's not really horror anymore it's just gross-out films passed off ass horror.

I probably won't see it. I'm not a big fan of buckets of blood and guts. I don't mind it in moderation, but there needs to be genuine thrills and suspense mixed in, otherwise, it's a waste of time.

Also, I don't know about anybody else, but I like to see some good acting in horror movies. Most horror movies nowadays are filled with no name performers who couldn't act their way out of a wet paper bag. Which also going back to point B, is a reason why there are no thrills or suspense or genuine terror because they aren't talented enough as actors to be believable.
    Last edited by TheNegation; 01-30-2013, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Another watered down horror movie..............great.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNegation View Post
        Real Shyt. Honestly I don't even bother watching new Horror movies anymore.

Because either

A) They dumb them down with PG-13 ratings to accommodate families and all the underage pansies who want to go to the movies. While at the same time raking in big bucks because they know stupid teenagers will watch them
        Agreed. They water them down to appeal to the virgin-fingerbanging-classmate crowd.

or

B) They replace genuine thrills and terror with excessive gore. It's not really horror anymore it's just gross-out films passed off ass horror.

I probably won't see it. I'm not a big fan of buckets of blood and guts. I don't mind it in moderation, but there needs to be genuine thrills and suspense mixed in, otherwise, it's a waste of time.

Also, I don't know about anybody else, but I like to see some good acting in horror movies. Most horror movies nowadays are filled with no name performers who couldn't act their way out of a wet paper bag. Which also going back to point B, is a reason why there are no thrills or suspense or genuine terror because they aren't talented enough as actors to be believable.
        This has long been a staple of horror films. Look at some of the all time classic slasher flicks. Can you name someone (without using google) who was in Halloween and isn't called Jamie Lee Curtis or Donald Pleasance? Can you tell me any film Jamie Lee Curtis was in before Halloween?

What about Friday 13th? Anyone from that film you can name apart from Kevin Bacon?

What was Bruce Campbell in before the Evil Dead? Who else was in that film?

Since the 70s horror has always been about low budgets, unknown actors, excessive gore.

Now I'm not a fan of "torture-****" films like Hostel or A Serbian Film or any of the Saw films that does not involve some dude having to saw off his own leg. But horror and gore films have their place, there's a craft to them. I'm very much looking forward to this remake, it's looking to capture the nasty thrills of the original while avoiding the self-conscious wackiness of the sequels.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          Now I'm not a fan of "torture-****" films like Hostel or A Serbian Film or any of the Saw films that does not involve some dude having to saw off his own leg. But horror and gore films have their place, there's a craft to them. I'm very much looking forward to this remake, it's looking to capture the nasty thrills of the original while avoiding the self-conscious wackiness of the sequels.
          This movie looks to be very much on par with hostel. The bulk of this movie looks to be remade on the premise of scenes filled with torture(self induced) and excessive gore, revolving around the original storyline of evil dead.

And to my psyche comment, hollywood is becoming pretty amazing/lifelike with their special effects. While you consciously see things on the screen and know its just a movie, your psyche doesnt see it like that. Its see he actual act happening, in lifelike form. Might as well watch a real person cutting their tongue, face or other crazy **** like that. This is a huge difference from 70's horror flicks.

And whats with all the remakes, especially horror remakes? Most of them turn out cheesy, this doesnt look cheesy, but still, runniny out of creative juices?

Comment

it's evil dead.

a girl gets raped by a tree....

what did you expect?

they didn't bring back bruce campbell. i won't be watching in the theatres, certainly, but i might check it out online once i can access it.

Comment

Im passing on this ****. If you want to watch a real horror movie watch Lords of Salem. Rob Zombies new movie April 26th.

Comment

A real man would watch this movie on shrooms....just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                  A real man would watch this movie on shrooms....just sayin
                  Pffffftttt. Rookie.

Bath Salts on mine.

Go big, or go home.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                    Pffffftttt. Rookie.

Bath Salts on mine.

Go big, or go home.
                    Lol, in for some mental breakdowns

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                      Pffffftttt. Rookie.

Bath Salts on mine.

Go big, or go home.

instead of buying snacks you can just eat somebody's face...

Comment

Working...
                      X