No announcement yet.

How to help Typhoon Haiyan survivors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
    Glad the US, UN, (and hopefully other countries) are doing the same. Keep the funds, relief goods out of the hands of the corrupt and deliver them personally. I read a little bit about it.

Figures...politicians are scumbags, only it for money and power, for the most part, in every country. The ones caught siphoning funds should get life in prison. From what i read, it isn't the 1st time.

Good article about New Zealand even micro chipping each victim so they can keep track of the help they receive. I seriously doubt corruption will ever end in the world. What a shame.

Thanks for posting and updating us Kad, here's hoping to a more effective recovery effort for your people.
    There are good politicians and public officials but are more of the exemptions, not the rule.

Some insensitive ones receive donations then repack them in a bag with their names on it to make it appear like they are the ones doing the samaritan works while others receive cash donations and put them in their pockets.

The national government didn't move fast enough to provide relief goods to the victims, they instead blame the local government for being unprepared for the situations. The national government responded too late, international relief workers were ahead than them by days. Local government blame back the national government and up to now they are trading barbs instead of just shutting up and help the victims.

The number of casualties may reach 100 000, yes that's a rough figure much massive than the initial reports but official figures is only around a little less than 4 000. When asked about the discrepancies, official spokesman replied, "we only count identified bodies". That was a stupid answer as stupid as their barriotic approaches to this devastation of international magnitude.

Later, my man.

Comment

Good man jazluvr for making this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
        There are good politicians and public officials but are more of the exemptions, not the rule.

Some insensitive ones receive donations then repack them in a bag with their names on it to make it appear like they are the ones doing the samaritan works while others receive cash donations and put them in their pockets.

The national government didn't move fast enough to provide relief goods to the victims, they instead blame the local government for being unprepared for the situations. The national government responded too late, international relief workers were ahead than them by days. Local government blame back the national government and up to now they are trading barbs instead of just shutting up and help the victims.

The number of casualties may reach 100 000, yes that's a rough figure much massive than the initial reports but official figures is only around a little less than 4 000. When asked about the discrepancies, official spokesman replied, "we only count identified bodies". That was a stupid answer as stupid as their barriotic approaches to this devastation of international magnitude.

Later, my man.
        I have no words that describe such coruption and incompetency. We experience that in the US, but it's in a much bigger, spread out level, so it's nothing new, and little reported. And yes, Good politicians are a very rare thing. And many eventually cave in to the lobbying and kickbacks from corporations.

I won't go there, though.

Originally posted by tyger View Post
        Good man jazluvr for making this thread.
        Thanks Tyger, I'm just a conduit for help to these people.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
          Here are a bunch of links to use to donate to help the survivors of the typhoon that devasted the Philippines. Please consider even a small donation.
          Many links are for the Red Cross, Salvation Army is digging it's heels in, and different countries are joining in the help. You can call in, send a check, or donate by CC.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/09/world/...rticle_sidebar

Just be cautious, read about the safe ways to donate in the article "how to help."
          Great thread buddy! You're a good man

Comment

Thanks, my old friend! Good to see you here...hope all is well with you and your loved ones. Wishing as speedy a recovery as can be from the devastation in your country.

Comment

Working...
            X