No announcement yet.

Woman dies doing the London Marathon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Woman dies doing the London Marathon

Claire Squires collapsed on the final stretch of the London Marathon, paramedics attended to her but she died at the scene. Such a tragic loss of life to a inspirational young woman who did a lot of good in world.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17810769

Claire was competing in the London Marathon to raise money for her charity, the Samaritans

Claire wrote on donation page "hi guys as you all know i am running the london marathon it was just going to be for fun. but its a fab opportunity to raise money for my charity the samaritans if everyone i know could donate £5.00 that would be a great help and change lives."

http://www.justgiving.com/Claire-Squires2
    Last edited by D4thincarnation; 04-23-2012, 03:55 PM.

As a marathon runner myself this makes me sad. At least she died doing what she loved. R.I.P.

Comment

Too soon???

Comment

Shame, losing life so young, especially a selfless one that helped others. RIP.

Comment

It was the great poet Billy Joel that once said "Only the good die young."

It's unfortunate that someone with so much good in her had to be taken at such a young age. Why couldn't it had been one of the disgusting leeches like Kim Kardashian or Lindsey Lohan for once?

R.I.P.

Comment

Yeah very sad news to hear and only 30 too.

It's nice to see donations made to her charity have been massive since links of her page have gone around the internet though. I will make a donation myself shortly..

R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
              It was the great poet Billy Joel that once said "Only the good die young."

It's unfortunate that someone with so much good in her had to be taken at such a young age. Why couldn't it had been one of the disgusting leeches like Kim Kardashian or Lindsey Lohan for once?

R.I.P.

it's a damn shame that this girl died and i hope she rests in peace but please don't ever call billy joel a great poet again

that's a huge insult to the great poets

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                it's a damn shame that this girl died and i hope she rests in peace but please don't ever call billy joel a great poet again

that's a huge insult to the great poets
                Billy Joel is the GOAT

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Billy Joel is the GOAT
                  if a billygoat could sing like garbage and play paino

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    if a billygoat could sing like garbage and play paino

Comment

Working...
                    X