No announcement yet.

Drunk Lang

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dem Eyes View Post
    I still think Kessler will have too much for Groves and I cannot see Warren getting the Dane over here to fight.
    Warren needs to take some risks imo he has no major stars and burns and cleverly just arent up to it.

Comment

• I'm excited with some of the prospects we've got at the moment, we have a strong crop coming up. Our talent is spread over a few promoters too, it makes for a competitive scene.

Groves-Anderson II, June 30th.

Comment

I'm excited with some of the prospects we've got at the moment, we have a strong crop coming up. Our talent is spread over a few promoters too, it makes for a competitive scene.

Groves-Anderson II, June 30th.
        Anthony Joshua is the only potential elite we have imo.

we have the potential for fun fights but on the world stage he's the only one imo, I'd actually pick him to beat most of our heavies right now and he's not even Pro yet

Comment

• You really have no idea the sort of talent we've got in the pro ranks.

Forget about Joshua for now, we have fighters out there that will be challenging world level in a few years.

Comment

You really have no idea the sort of talent we've got in the pro ranks.

Forget about Joshua for now, we have fighters out there that will be challenging world level in a few years.
            I'm sorry but i'm not blinded by patriotism, we are desperate to have world level fighters, so desperate that we push forward B level fighters against World Class operators and are then somehow surprised when they cop a hiding, recent history is littered with it, Froch, Hatton, Haye, Khan, all of them had big bandwagons and all have been shown lacking which I saw coming a mile off, I see the same with virtually all of our prospects now, guys like Degale, Groves, Fury, Price. all have MASSIVE flaws that will be torn to shreds by the true elites.

To be honest this is why I enjoy fighters like Rendall Munroe, unheralded guys without massive hype who just go out there and do their thing, sure they lose here and there but I dont have to listen to unrealistic fans harp on about them being p4p material

Comment

• Oi, fairy fruit cakes - GET OUT!

This thread used to be for SERIOUS Drinkers.

Comment

• Scott Quigg
                Kid Galahad
                Tommy Stubbs

Lee Selby
                Joe Murray
                James Dickens

Liam Walsh

Anthony Crolla

Bradley Saunders

Kell Brook
                Frankie Gavin
                Ronnie Heffron
                Mark Heffron

Joe Selkirk

Nick Blackwell
                Billy Joe Saunders
                Chris Eubank Jr
                Ryan Aston

George Groves
                James DeGale
                Frank Buglioni

Callum Johnson
                Travis Dickinson
                Tony Bellew

Matty Askin
                Stephen Simmons
                Danny Price

Tyson Fury
                David Price

I'm confident all of the above fighters will challenge at world level.

Missed out fighters like;

Ryan Walsh
                Stephen Smith
                Denton Vassell
                Adil Anwar
                Bradley Skeete
                Glenn Foot
                Jamie Cox
                Erik Ochieng
                John Ryder
                Adam Etches
                Rocky Fielding
                Tony Jeffries - Olympic Bronze Medallist
                Dillian White

All have shown some sort of promise. Fielding winning Prizefighter, Skeete & Foot were good amateurs. White has an ongoing rivalry with Anthony Joshua.

Comment

Scott Quigg
                  Kid Galahad
                  Ryan Walsh
                  Tommy Stubbs

Lee Selby
                  Joe Murray
                  James Dickens

Liam Walsh

Anthony Crolla

Bradley Saunders

Kell Brook
                  Frankie Gavin
                  Ronnie Heffron
                  Mark Heffron

Joe Selkirk

Nick Blackwell
                  Billy Joe Saunders
                  Chris Eubank Jr
                  Ryan Aston

George Groves
                  James DeGale
                  Frank Buglioni

Callum Johnson
                  Travis Dickinson
                  Tony Bellew

Matty Askin
                  Stephen Simmons
                  Danny Price

Tyson Fury
                  David Price

I'm confident all of the above fighters will challenge at world level.

Missed out fighters like;

Stephen Smith
                  Denton Vassell
                  Adil Anwar
                  Bradley Skeete
                  Glenn Foot
                  Jamie Cox
                  Erik Ochieng
                  John Ryder
                  Adam Etches
                  Rocky Fielding
                  Tony Jeffries - Olympic Bronze Medallist
                  Dillian White

All have shown some sort of promise. Fielding winning Prizefighter, Skeete & Foot were good amateurs. White has an ongoing rivalry with Anthony Joshua.
                  The ones i've bolded are the best imo.

Theres good fighters there for sure its not a bad young scene, as I say though I dont see any of them going as far as this beast

Comment

• Way too early to talk about Anthony Joshua, hopefully he turns after the Olympics.

Selby's been sparring at the Mayweather gym against the likes of Gamboa.
                    Ryan Aston has sparred Proksa.

Stubbs was a top level amateur who won the senior ABA title at light-flyweight for three years in a row between 2008 and 2011.

I'm hopeful for the future with some of the fighters we've got in the professional ranks and in the amateurs. Have you seen how well we've done for Olympic qualification?

Comment

Way too early to talk about Anthony Joshua, hopefully he turns after the Olympics.

Selby's been sparring at the Mayweather gym against the likes of Gamboa.
                      Ryan Aston has sparred Proksa.

Stubbs was a top level amateur who won the senior ABA title at light-flyweight for three years in a row between 2008 and 2011.

I'm hopeful for the future with some of the fighters we've got in the professional ranks and in the amateurs. Have you seen how well we've done for Olympic qualification?
                      Yeah the olympics are going to be very interesting this year as far as the boxing goes anyway, chance to really make a name for themselves being at home too, whats the situation with Robert McCracken at the moment I know at one point they were trying to off him which was a bad move imo

Comment

Working...
                      X