No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto: I Won 8 of 12 Rounds, I Expected To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
    cotto controlled the pace and won the fight it was close but come on canelo didn't do nothing but land a few hard shots he couldn't even hurt cotto the fix was in I had it 7 rounds to 5 for cotto
    ^ This.

The crazy part is, even if Cotto scored a couple knockdowns the scorecards still would've had Canelo winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
      Richard dwayer also had Cotto winning. This was a roberry.
      1. Eric Raskin (HBO) 118-110 Canelo
      2. Michael Rosenthal (The Ring) 117-111 Canelo
      3. Steve Kim (Boxing Scene) 117-111 Canelo
      4. Harold Lederman (HBO) 117-111 Canelo
      5. Mike Coppinger (USA Today) 116-112 Canelo
      6. Damiįn Ferrer (La Esquina Neutral) 116-112 Canelo
      7. Carlos Rivera (Boxing News 24) 116-112 Canelo
      8. Michael Woods (The Sweet Science) 116-112 Canelo
      9. Lance Pugmire (Los Angeles Times) 116-112 Canelo
      10. Kevin Iole (Yahoo) 116-112 Canelo
      11. Al Bernstein (Showtime) 116-112 Canelo
      12. The Associated Press 116-112 Canelo
      13. Chris Mannix (Sports illustrated) 115-113 Canelo
      14. Frankie Pińero Rosario (La Esquina Neutral) 115-113 Canelo
      15. Tom Craze (Big Left Hook) 115-113 Canelo
      16. Scott Christ (Bad Left Hook) 115-113 Canelo
      17. Luis Santiago Arce (Primera Hora de Puerto Rico) 115-113 Canelo
      18. Carlos Narvaez (El Vocero de Puerto Rico) 115-113 Canelo
      19. Dan Rafael (ESPN) 115-113 Canelo
      20. Brian Campbell (ESPN) 115-113 Canelo
      21. Steve Carp (Las Vegas Review Journal) 115-113 Canelo
      22. Salvador Rodriguez (ESPN) 115-113 Canelo
      23. Jorge Eduardo Sįnchez (ESPN) 114-114 Empate
      24. Marcelo Gonzalez (Space) 114-114 Empate
      25. Eduardo Lamazón (TV Azteca) 117-111 Cotto

Comment

• LOL, everyone who loses always says "8-4."

You didn't win 8 rounds, Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
          Did you really just give Cotto round 8? Looooooooool.
          he got hit with a couple hard shots hit canelo with his own hard shots and canelo ain't do **** for the las 1:30 secs of the round.

Comment

• Well like I said, this sets up the rematch.

May 7th 2016 Las Vegas.

Canelo vs Cotto 2

Comment

• Originally posted by sterilizer
              Yes, IMO that one was a 10-8 for Canelo even if there wasn't a clear knock down. It was a miracle that Cotto wasn't even knocked down. Any other fighter with just the least needed stamina and conditioning, other than Canelo, would have finished the job in that round and sent Cotto to the hospital (just saying, I really don't wish for that to have happened, but if Canelo just had a tad bit of stamina, it could have).

There was another round where Canelo also beat Cotto real bad and almost knocked him down as well, but I really don't remember which one. Same story in the last one. Canelo's pathetic lack of conditioning helped Cotto be able to literally run away, avoiding a knock down at the very least. If Canelo doesn't get some endurance, just enough to be able to finish the job as others with much less power can and do, he will never be able to prove an A-class fighter.
              Wow 10 8 let's be real maybe canelo won that round but 10 8! Canelo hit cotto with hard shots cotto hit him with hard shots and combos and canelo did nothing the las 1:30 sec of the round nothing! So how the fuk will you make that a 10 8 round? The only round cotto was hurt was in the 12 with a body blow.

Comment

• And you can bet Cotto's going to bring it. He's known for his comebacks. They need to do something about the judges, though. A stronger vetting process or last minute assignments. Something must be done, so that it's harder for corruption to take place.
                Last edited by SunSpace; 11-23-2015, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                  I any coincidence that the only score card that had Cotto winning was TV Azteca?
                  Only 1 out of all the Azteca7 broadcasters had Canelo winning. When they call Canelo's fights or are interviewed about him I get the impression that they are not fans of his.

He should go back to Televisa.

Comment

• Hmm you think they go for the rematch? Neither has better options in terms of $$.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
                      Please, people. Don't lump all cotto fans into one mindset. Each is free to their own opinion, but most good Cotto fans acknowledge Canelo clearly won, but most of us take issue with the all three wide scorecards. It wasn't a shutout.

Myself, i respectfully give Canello his kudos, but i also give Cotto some credit. some say he was on his "bike". BS. He fight every round best he could. Was he supposed to stand in front of Canello and get KO'd? Please give him a little credit for lasting the entire fight, winning some rounds, w/o getting knocked down, or out.

Not bad for a battle worn 35 year old. Again, Kudos to Canello. The right man won.
                      Good post. Canelo clearly won, but the scores were too wide. Cotto boxed, moved well, didn't run. Miguel put in a solid effort against a much younger, fresher, bigger fighter. Cotto has always gotten a lot of hate -- this claim he won eight rounds doesn't help -- but the old warrior ought to get credit for this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X