Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best right hooks in the buisness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly the best single right hook I've seen.
    Last edited by NChristo; 02-03-2011, 06:34 PM.

Comment

victor ortiz has a tremendously powerful hook with the right hand

throwing it is a different case

hasegawa is a good example from gabion
      i'd be interested to know which hand hasegawa eats and writes with
      he's a good puncher with either fist. he really does look to be a tremendous athletic talent. would love to see him fight in the states

i'm going with juanma lopez as the best right hook in the business right now

he uses it the most
      and he's got other lethal punches (the straight left, the jab) to set it up

he's also always exchanging punches, which often offers the best opportunity for a hook that can end a fight

because of the nature of the angles presented when an orthodox fighter fights a conventional the majority of the naturally born lefties move toward a defensive style of fighting

if you check the list of the 100 greatest punchers (compiled by the ring shortly after the turn of the millenium,) you will find very few southpaws

looking around the current landscape (outside of pacquiao and lopez) you wont find many power punching southpaws

khosai galaxy and marvin hagler are the only two who come to mind on the ring list

Comment

Marvin Hagler had an excellent right hook. In fact, his straight left was rather underdeveloped/underused for such a complete fighter.

Of course, Manny Pacquiao has developed a very good right hook.

Frankie Liles knocked out Tim Littles in their rematch with a perfect right hook.

Mike Tyson would switch to a southpaw stance and dig that right hook to the body, followed of course by the right uppercut to the head.

Comment

I like Maidanas right hook.

Comment

Working...
          X