Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Just 1 Fight!...Is 60/40 Fair To Jacobs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
    Of course it is a fight worth seeing but Jacobs has to take what's on the table, if roles were reversed there's no way Jacobs would budge from the 75% he would rightfully deserve if he was clearly the bigger draw and held 3 major titles to his opponent's none.

It's not like Jacobs has more lucrative options either, difference is Golovkin can fight a nobody for 2-3 million.... Jacobs would be lucky to get more than 500k for his next nobody fight.
    shhhh, talking sense is not allowed 'round these parts.......lol

Comment

70/30 sounds about right and that's what he's being offered.

Comment

When Murray fought GGG it was considered a great fight between Glolovkin and the uncrowned lineal champ who should have gotten the nod against Martinez. Now people say he's a bum who couldn't win when it counted.

When he fought Lemuiex it was considered a great fight between two champions. Now he's considered a bum who just punches and has no skill.

If GGG beat Jacobs they will say "how sad is it that GGG's best win is a cancer survivor. What a bum."

At this point I just want to see the fight but no way Jacobs actually deserves more than like 33%.

Comment

Jacobs is not even worth the 25%. He brings absolutely nothing and got overpaid by Haymon. But if Golovkin can't get any decent alternatives by the Spring, they should just make it. It's not gonna be a huge $$ difference anyway. It will probably be ~4m total purses.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleGFightFan View Post
            So if he was offered 35%..what's 5% more to make a quality fight between the 2 best middleweights in the division?...
            5% of say ... $4mil. It's about $200K. Regardless. Would you give up 5% of your paycheck cos a guy you work with reckons he deserves it more than you.

Comment

What about 65-35 and we can have ****ing fight

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                5% of say ... $4mil. It's about $200K. Regardless. Would you give up 5% of your paycheck cos a guy you work with reckons he deserves it more than you.
                If I'm fighting solely for bigger checks than I can see your point but if I'm fighting for legacy I'd just do what I got to do to get Jacobs belt since unifying all titles is the goal here...he's a mandatory...so when it goes to purse bid hopefully no one is forced to vacate or pass on the fight...

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                  Do it then watch people that are more popular then Jacobs (I,E Lara, BJS, Eubank) ask for 50/50
                  Eubanks and those other guys aside from bjs don't have any belts...triple g is about them belts...only bjs has some bargaining chips because of that wbo strap that the wbo seems bent on handing over to canelo...

Comment

It's not about money or splits, Haymon just doesn't want one of his better known guys to get wrecked on HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      It's not about money or splits, Haymon just doesn't want one of his better known guys to get wrecked on HBO.
                      I don't know man...once a guy gets wrecked...it's everywhere on youtube and the "innanets"......let alone hbo...hasn't haymon fighters fought on hbo before recently?...

Comment

Working...
                      X