Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, Connor Mcgegor, is he legit and the real deal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Ok, Connor Mcgegor, is he legit and the real deal?

I have been away from UFC for a while now. But this connor Mcgregor seems very **** sure. Is he a lucien bute hype machine thas fought poor level opposition and will get exposed badly by aldo, or is he like Kovalev, the real animal?

Alittle better then Lucian Bute but not proven enough to be Kovalev.

Comment

Aldo whoops his ass.

Comment

Hard to say.. he has fought decent competition but not stellar comp..

I actually think Aldo is an easier fight for him stylistically then Edgar and Mendes.

Its kind of like the Weidman/Silva thing.. going in people knew Weidman was talented but his competiton was merely decent.. and we all saw what happened

There is no doubt connor is very big for his weight class.. very fast and has excellent striking.. so this should be great.. coukd depend on how good he defends aldos leg kicks.. Vs Siver he barely bothered too.. but he didnt respect that dude at all

Comment

We'll find out at UFC 189.

Comment

McGregor is very big for a featherweight. He enjoys a massive size advantage over his opponents. I don't know how the heck he cuts weight and keeps his power. He has several advantages over and above his size: he is an accurate striker with legit KO power. He is fast. And he is mentally strong. So yes he is the real deal.
            The problem is that Aldo is probably the best p4p in the ufc. I would rate Aldo ahead of Jon Jones on the p4p list. This fight is the proverbial unstoppable force meeting an immovable object. No doubt the best match up of the year!

Comment

Well as i say i am not expert on the UFC. However one thing i can say is Connor despite all his big talk has obviously rapidly improved on his technique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3Aqaodirj8

You can see in his early career he dived in and stayed in the pcoket to get hit.

Whilst when you see his UFC fights hes mor Kovalev esque. He dips in and dips out, with much better judge of distance. He doest go kamakaze on one attack, he attacks then steps back.

His posture is much improved as well, far more on his toes.

As i say, he may still get schooled by Aldo, i am simply saying that Connor is obviously a very serious guy in training gym despite the joker/Arrogant attitude that sells tickets..

Comment

he is the real deal.

but being the real deal isnt necessarily enough to beat aldo who is a special fighter and at worst the second best p4p fighter in the world.

mcgregors competition is decent, a notch beneath the opposition of aldo for sure. its not so much the guys he beat but the way he has beaten them though, complete domination each time out.

imo aldo is clearly the better fighter but mcgregor has the worst possible style for him. the height, speed, mobility and southpaw stance are all wrong for him imo, add that size and lights out KO power and this is a very hard fight for aldo.

he is wide open for that straight left which is connors best shot, even mendes was bouncing it off his dome seemingly at will when he switched to southpaw.

basically style vs class imo.

the wildcard in this however is aldos performance. he seemingly lacked hunger as of late, that killer instinct he had on the way up. he said his dream was to buy a house, he clearly not only did that but has a new wife and young daughter in it. he isnt living in the gym going days between meals any more. i got the feeling he just couldnt give up the money offered or just stop fighting in his prime after working so hard to get in the position he is inand thats why he kept going.

but mcrgegor has awoken a sleeping giant imo. the guys he fought to this point shrunk from his antics, either got too angry and lost their gameplan or were simply overwhelmed by all the attention and pressure come fight night. that wont happen to aldo, when he gets in that cage dude is a samurai mentally. this will merely make him work harder and get that passion back.

we will see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  he is the real deal.

but being the real deal isnt necessarily enough to beat aldo who is a special fighter and at worst the second best p4p fighter in the world.

mcgregors competition is decent, a notch beneath the opposition of aldo for sure. its not so much the guys he beat but the way he has beaten them though, complete domination each time out.

imo aldo is clearly the better fighter but mcgregor has the worst possible style for him. the height, speed, mobility and southpaw stance are all wrong for him imo, add that size and lights out KO power and this is a very hard fight for aldo.

he is wide open for that straight left which is connors best shot, even mendes was bouncing it off his dome seemingly at will when he switched to southpaw.

basically style vs class imo.

the wildcard in this however is aldos performance. he seemingly lacked hunger as of late, that killer instinct he had on the way up. he said his dream was to buy a house, he clearly not only did that but has a new wife and young daughter in it. he isnt living in the gym going days between meals any more. i got the feeling he just couldnt give up the money offered or just stop fighting in his prime after working so hard to get in the position he is inand thats why he kept going.

but mcrgegor has awoken a sleeping giant imo. the guys he fought to this point shrunk from his antics, either got too angry and lost their gameplan or were simply overwhelmed by all the attention and pressure come fight night. that wont happen to aldo, when he gets in that cage dude is a samurai mentally. this will merely make him work harder and get that passion back.

we will see what happens.
                  This post just got me so pumped for the fight, been following these two casually but not really clued up on the fight. On paper I it looked like McGregor might be going in for a beatdown, similar to a Lacy/Calzaghe situation.

Comment

Like I've said this is the best match up for the entire year in the ufc. There is no other fight I would prefer to see at the moment. Anyone who has been following MMA would recognize that this is an incredible match up of two prime fighters. They are head and shoulders ahead of the rest of the division.

Comment

Working...
                    X