Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you feel about Golden Boy dominating boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you feel about Golden Boy dominating boxing?

And I mean forming a UFC type promotion, signing hundreds of fighters, 30 or so per division and then making their own belt for each weight class?

Would certainly be confusing but good side there would be no governing bodies, no doubt who the #1 guy in the division is either, unless they are not Golden Boy fighters. Since they own the Ring maybe they could take that one step further?

I'd be all for it if they start putting on stacked cards.

I love Golden Boy...well, love is a strong word. Golden Boy is the best, they set up the best fights...by boxers for boxer type promotion. And they have the best roster of Mexican fighters soo I dig em.

Comment

I'm all for it.

Comment

Would be terrible.

What happens to the guys who aren't signed with golden boy? They wouldn't be able to fight unless they sign with them?

fuuck that noise, GB is just as corrupt as any other promoter.

Plus, you think the WBC ratings are bad? Imagine if a company like Golden Boy controlled who is ranked, who gets a title shot and when, it would be sickening.

No thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
          And I mean forming a UFC type promotion, signing hundreds of fighters, 30 or so per division and then making their own belt for each weight class?

Would certainly be confusing but good side there would be no governing bodies, no doubt who the #1 guy in the division is either, unless they are not Golden Boy fighters. Since they own the Ring maybe they could take that one step further?

I'd be all for it if they start putting on stacked cards.
          Would be good to have it all under one roof, as you say we would know who is the best and it would be a lot easier to put fights together.

Comment

I wouldn't have any problem with it.

As is they do an amazing job of signing and promoting talent, putting on good cards, both PPV and non PPV, and they treat their fighters pretty fairly from all accounts.

It's certainly not as worse than all of the corruption and alphabet soup belts we have now.

Comment

It would be the day I stopped watching boxing altogether.

I would watch UFC instead since they would have more experience with monopolies than Golden Boy.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                Would be terrible.

What happens to the guys who aren't signed with golden boy? They wouldn't be able to fight unless they sign with them?

Plus, you think the WBC ratings are bad? Imagine if a company like Golden Boy controlled who is ranked, who gets a title shot and when, it would be sickening.

No thanks!
                Thank god somebody is talking sense!

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  Would be terrible.

No thanks!
                  UFC runs MMA. There is still over 100 other promotional companies.

GBP rankings would be fine since they would be getting paid by everyone in their stable. Plus GBP owns the Ring, and I think their rankings are pretty unbiased.

Comment

Id love the idea..........................

Comment

Working...
                    X