Bert Sugar ''Jake Lamotta Is 27th Greatest Fighter Of All Time''

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bert Sugar ''Jake Lamotta Is 27th Greatest Fighter Of All Time''

Bert says....

''Jake Lamotta is the 27th greatest boxer of all time, & in my opinion ranks higher than Pernell Whitaker, Carlos Monzon, Marvin Hagler, George Foreman, Larry Holmes, Alexis Arguello, Bob Fitzsimmons, Roy Jones Jr, Bernard Hopkins & Eder Jofre''
    Thoughts?

Bert Sugar is a joke. LaMotta higher than Hagler, Foreman, Holmes and Roy Jones? Get the **** out...yeah, think for a second about how LaMotta-Hagler would turn out. Bronx Bull was a monster with a great chin, but let's be real here...he's defined by his his five biggest losses, honestly.

Comment

He's wrong. LaMotta just wasn't consistent enough in his performances.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
        He's wrong. LaMotta just wasn't consistent enough in his performances.
        So you feel Lamotta was not greater than none of the fighters in TS's list?

Comment

bert sugar s a joke and i really feel he's a closet racist

Comment

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
            bert sugar s a joke and i really feel he's a closet racist
            How so? .

Comment

Ouch. Great HOFer but I wouldn't go that far.

Burgundy? He's just an old dude that over-glorifies the era in which he grew up in. That's not racist, it's closer to nostalgia.

Lamotta may have been the 27th best fighter, or reasonably close to it when he was fighting, which as far as Bert is concerned was the golden era....Well it was, but boxing has still produced greats after that time.

Comment

To quote you GreatA

" I think it's clear that Bert Sugars all time great list is a trainwreck"

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                  How so? .
                  the fact that only 7 black or hispanic are in his top 20.and also how he talks about current fighters.

Comment

Yeah he also has Jack Dempsey at #9 and marciano at 14. Quite frankly im surprised that Tyson even made the list despite being all the way in the end, nevertheless im truly surprised that someone like Sugar had the mercy of even including him there.

ive been saying it for years now, the old man needs to lay off those cigars but on the other hand it wont make much difference, the man got a cloud of smoke for brain in that head of his.

Comment

Working...
                    X