Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hope Arreola had a wake up call last night.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope Arreola had a wake up call last night.

I hope he realized, if he would of been in better shape, he would have actually won some rounds and possibly won the fight.

He needs to get serious, he cant eat junk food and be a world champion. The thing that pisses me off, is he has the potential, but he just dont wanna put in the work.

Originally posted by 817boy View Post
    I hope he realized, if he would of been in better shape, he would have actually won some rounds and possibly won the fight.

He needs to get serious, he cant eat junk food and be a world champion. The thing that pisses me off, is he has the potential, but he just dont wanna put in the work.
    I hope he doesn't think that, as he would be deluding himself. Arreola was totally outclassed, and losing a few pounds wouldn't have helped much; he has the 'potential' to be - and is - a decent HW, but not to be an elite one. Actually, I was pretty impressed with his fitness, if not his appearance; he certainly didn't 'gas' at all and his work-rate was high throughout, if unrewarded. He actually trained pretty hard, I think.

Comment

wake up call? he's probably sobbing and depression eating right now.

Comment

Originally posted by 817boy View Post

i doubt it... he's probably eating a burrito right now.

Comment

Originally posted by RingTech01 View Post
          wake up call? he's probably sobbing and depression eating right now.

I can understand his depression, but he can bounce back. I reckon Vitaly only has a few more fights to go, so opportunities will present themselves if he stays in the game.

Comment

he has power and heart. with strong dedication and a good team he can go far. he has to want it for himself, but he has potential.

Comment

regardless of a "few" pounds

compare Arreola to Sam Peter who was 265 when he lost to Chambers .. and now fights at 240

how much is Arreola limiting himself by fighting at 250?

Comment

sadly, Arreola moves like a lump of clay... Vitali was outmaneuvering him all night long. Arreola's style of absorbing some punishment getting inside and visiting his own punishment would be served so much better if he had some agility and compactness.

So yeah, with his style, he needs to be very fit to be great. Otherwise he'll just be a stepping stone with a lot of heart.

Comment

Working...
                X