No announcement yet.

Kind of Surprised by Number of People Picking Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of Surprised by Number of People Picking Cotto

Cotto looked kind of shot against Clottey. Then you look at him on 24/7 and he's got love handles. You look at the corner and there's absolutely no comparison. Cotto has his boy in his corner. Meanwhile Pacquiao has one of the all-time great trainers, Freddie Roach.

Yeah Cotto is naturally bigger, but not nearly as much bigger as I think is commonly believed. Pacquiao is just as much of a warrior as Cotto and is probably more skilled; I know the Pacman is definitely faster and versatile.

Again, I'm really surprised that so many people think this will be competitive more than maybe 5 or 6 rounds. I, personally, think that it'll be good for a few rounds then one-sided until either Pacquiao stops him or takes a one-sided decision. Just my two cents...

Originally posted by javelin_fangs View Post
    Cotto looked kind of shot against Clottey. Then you look at him on 24/7 and he's got love handles. You look at the corner and there's absolutely no comparison. Cotto has his boy in his corner. Meanwhile Pacquiao has one of the all-time great trainers, Freddie Roach.

Yeah Cotto is naturally bigger, but not nearly as much bigger as I think is commonly believed. Pacquiao is just as much of a warrior as Cotto and is probably more skilled; I know the Pacman is definitely faster and versatile.

Again, I'm really surprised that so many people think this will be competitive more than maybe 5 or 6 rounds. I, personally, think that it'll be good for a few rounds then one-sided until either Pacquiao stops him or takes a one-sided decision. Just my two cents...
    Yeah i see the fight the same way,I think after a few rounds Pac will make it look easy

Comment

People here actually have Boxing IQs...surprisingly.

A Pac win is based off of him KO'ing Hatton the way he did, but unfortunately nobody wants to admit it. It's understandable though.

Comment

Honestly who has ever looked good against Clottey but yeah I don't think he's the same since the Margarito fight. I still say Cotto wins this one though

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
          People here actually have Boxing IQs...surprisingly.

A Pac win is based off of him KO'ing Hatton the way he did, but unfortunately nobody wants to admit it. It's understandable though.
          I'm very far from a Pacquiao fan...just calling it like I see it.

I'm a fairly big Cotto fan (which may surprise some Mayweather haters on this board). But just look at the skills the two have. Pacquiao is better at just about everything Cotto is good at. The only real advantage Cotto has is his size. But then look in the corner...Roach will build a great game plan for Pacquiao. Can Cotto's corner build a great game plan for Pacquiao?

Comment

I'm actually wrestling with a pick as the fight gets closer. I'm really trying to absorb as much data from every update from both camps and see if I can see some cracks by what's being said or how things are going and comments and happenings in the recent past from other pros on both guys. I can see the fight being a runaway win for either guy and I can see early to mid round KO's for both.

I wouldn't be surprised if we really see how hard Pac can bang in this one.

However, I also wouldn't be surprised if Cotto works through what Manny wields and just starts to chip away after 3 or 4 rounds..

I'm very conflicted. I think there's a good chance we'll see something we don't expect.

Cotto UD is the best candidate of unpredictability to me.

Comment

cotto's not shot, that is a lie.

Comment

Originally posted by The Bay Bomber View Post
                Honestly who has ever looked good against Clottey but yeah I don't think he's the same since the Margarito fight. I still say Cotto wins this one though
                I know it's for a slightly different reason that what you're talking about, but Shamone Alvarez actually looked pretty good against Clottey.

That said, I just don't see Cotto putting up with the Pacman. I'm rooting for Cotto, but he's got an amateur in his corner against a more versatile fighter who also happens to be every bit the warrior Cotto is.

In order for me to think Cotto is going to win, there has to be a strategy or weakness that Cotto could exploit. I don't see him doing that in this fight. Maybe you see something I don't.

Comment

Cotto looked kind of shot against Clottey due to the cut above his eye. Then you look at him on 24/7 and he's got love handles. You look at the corner and there's absolutely no comparison. Cotto has his boy in his corner. Meanwhile Pacquiao has one of the all-time great trainers, Freddie Roach who like cotto said wont be fighting him and can only give advice.

Yeah Cotto is naturally bigger, but not nearly as much bigger as I think is commonly believed. Pacquiao is just as much of a warrior as Cotto and is probably less skilled ; I know the Pacman is definitely faster and versatile.

Again, I'm really surprised that so many people think this will be competitive more than maybe 5 or 6 rounds. I, personally, think that it'll be good for a few rounds then one-sided until either Cotto stops him or takes a one-sided decision. Just my two cents...
                  Fixed it for you Ts

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                    cotto's not shot, that is a lie.
                    Maybe he's not...but he looked shot against Clottey.

But keep in mind dude...I'm actually a fan of Cotto. I know its heresy to say on this particular board, but I'm not much of a Pacquiao fan these days. I definitely respect his skill and all that, but I don't have a rooting interest in him. Just trying to call it like I see it.

Comment

Working...
                    X