Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chocolatito vs. Sor Rungvisai Winner To Face Cuadras

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guys held too such a high standard by fans its like ''Fight Rungvisai, rematch Cuadras then Inoue and a rematch with Estrada in the next 12 months and if you're still undefeated then I want to see you vs Kal Yafai & Casemiro in a tag team match and I still won't say you're P4P unless you move up again''.

I get people want to see him fight the top guys but he's fighting bigger guys & wearing down quick. These little guys especially offensive fighters don't last as long as guys in higher divisions & whilst not even 30 he's been in some tough fights (especially in the last few years) & against bigger men that **** takes its tole.
    He's had to go through a lot lately too.
    After this fight I think he deserves a nice break and to re energise.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      This guys held too such a high standard by fans its like ''Fight Rungvisai, rematch Cuadras then Inoue and a rematch with Estrada in the next 12 months and if you're still undefeated then I want to see you vs Kal Yafai & Casemiro in a tag team match and I still won't say you're P4P unless you move up again''.

I get people want to see him fight the top guys but he's fighting bigger guys & wearing down quick. These little guys especially offensive fighters don't last as long as guys in higher divisions & whilst not even 30 he's been in some tough fights (especially in the last few years) & against bigger men that **** takes its tole.
      Agree but then why waste his last couple years of his prime in fights no one asked for, like Cuadras and now this, against slow guys who aren't as good as RG but who will wear him down just because they're way bigger?

What he should do is take another 6 months off, take a tuneup, get back to 100% after the Cuadras damage, and then actually use the last years of his prime to fight the fights wants want. Inoue. Estrada.

Because right now they are going to ruin THE FIGHT with him and Inoue. It's going to be Gamboa-JuanMa all over again. Cuadras will play the Salido role if they don't watch out.

Comment

Very fair Quadras deserves rematch with chocolito lost a competitive fight good action. The winner of that if quadras part three of trilogy if chocolito a solid tuneup then a super fight with Inou. They have to show Inou to average fan build it up get him on HBO .

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
          Agree but then why waste his last couple years of his prime in fights no one asked for, like Cuadras and now this, against slow guys who aren't as good as RG but who will wear him down just because they're way bigger?

What he should do is take another 6 months off, take a tuneup, get back to 100% after the Cuadras damage, and then actually use the last years of his prime to fight the fights wants want. Inoue. Estrada.

Because right now they are going to ruin THE FIGHT with him and Inoue. It's going to be Gamboa-JuanMa all over again. Cuadras will play the Salido role if they don't watch out.

I felt RG won pretty convincingly and think there is no need to go over old ground but Cuadras is still a top fighter, it was a good competitive fight & for some reason many seem to think Cuadras won. There is demand there same with Estrada.

I definitely agree they shouldn't overmarinate that fight but its one I do think would be better in time as Inoue is still rather green IMO & he's no doubt loved in Japan but nobody outside has heard of him I'd like to see him showcased and built up.
          I'm not so sure that fight makes sense right now but I think its the fight they should build towards making.

Comment

gonzalez will have it tough facing rungvisai and cuadras back to back but he'll prove why he is pound for pound number 1 in the world.

Comment

So Choco gonna get 2 mandatories in a row?
              Seems to be the only person WBC want to enforce this on.

*Because the last champ wasn't making mandatory challenges!
              Oh, you mean Cuadras?

Comment

He's the number one fighter in the world, in his prime, in a division that is red hot with talent.

It's entirely reasonable for people to expect him to fight the best available opponents, especially since it looks like Kovalev and Ward are going to get it on again in the near future. The winner of that is going to be breathing down his neck.

Comment

They have to start and keep putting Inou on hbo or showtime under cards or head a boxing after dark let casual fan get hooked on him people seem to know chocolito because of buildup on hbo this all used to be done as a no brainer before fighters only fought there own stable

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    So Chocolatito in effect has to do a mandatory and then right afterwards do a mandatory again?
                    Only because he is not Mexican.
                    WBC takes care of their own

Comment

At least he does it. Besides that one guy he fought in Nicaragua, he's been on a nice run... real nice run of opponents.

If he takes a break after this should be fine. Active and his trainer died, so they need an evaluation after this performance w/the new trainer

Comment

Working...
                      X