No announcement yet.

Re Watched Trinidad vs Whitaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re Watched Trinidad vs Whitaker

Has anybody else dominated whitaker like Tito?

Nope.........

Comment

Considering a past prime Whitaker vs prime Tito at Welterweight and a near 9 year age difference, I don't take much stock in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
        Nope.........
        also pernell is a dirty ass fighter trinidad had him hurt in the latter rounds

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
          Considering a past prime Whitaker vs prime Tito at Welterweight and a near 9 year age difference, I don't take much stock in it.
          How was he past his prime? he was coming off a loss to oscar where many think he won

Comment

Yes I would hope tito 6'0 could beat 5'6 whitaker

Comment

Originally posted by ChangoHater View Post
              How was he past his prime? he was coming off a loss to oscar where many think he won
              Check Pernell's age and Tito's age for the fight. In my view, I think Oscar actually lost. But some may disagree. The time difference between the Oscar fight and the Tito fight is almost TWO YEARS.

Comment

I think coke dominated Whitaker far worse than Trinidad did.

Whitaker was not only coming off the close DLH fight, but had struggled against Wilfredo Rivera and was dropped twice by Hurtado before having to rally back and win. It was clear as day that he started dropping off pretty quickly after the Vasquez win, and was already clearly past prime in the DLH fight.

Comment

Whitaker wasn't the same fighter and a prime Tito was a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
                    I think coke dominated Whitaker far worse than Trinidad did.

Whitaker was not only coming off the close DLH fight, but had struggled against Wilfredo Rivera and was dropped twice by Hurtado before having to rally back and win. It was clear as day that he started dropping off pretty quickly after the Vasquez win, and was already clearly past prime in the DLH fight.
                    Not mention the strange performance versus Andre Pestraiev.

Comment

Working...
                    X