Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Dan Gilbert is all good with Super Teams now??????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
    LeBron is committed to Cleveland.

Any time someone makes a prediction like that on the forum, I will always respond to them With what LeBron said in his letter to SI

"My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didn’t realize that four years ago. I do now."
    -LeBron James

He is not going to the Lakers, Deal with it.

i dont care whether he comes to the Lakers or not

and yea, nothing says 'commitment' like signing a 2 year deal with an option to leave after 1 year

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      i dont care whether he comes to the Lakers or not

and yea, nothing says 'commitment' like signing a 2 year deal with an option to leave after 1 year
      Just imagine the backlash he would get if he left. The deal was made a two year deal for a reason. Dan Gilbert will give him any deal he asks for. You need to read more articles about the deal. If LeBron left, whenever he comes back to the state of Ohio, he would most likely need a Mayweather like entourage at all times in his home state of Ohio.

Comment

I've read that the NBA is looking at a new network deal, and the cap will get a big bump come 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          Meh, if I remember correctly, it wasn't just Gilbert that was against the Paul trade, but many other small market team owners as well.

I understand your point, but you being a Laker fan, I really don't feel too bad for you.
          one of the reasons was $$$$$.

lakers was cutting salary with that trade too by shipping out gasol and odom. like $30 mill.

they were upset because lakers were gonna pay less luxury tax.

example lakers shared $50 mill this year plus paid $30 mill or so in luxury tax.

small market team owners are bad for the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
            I've read that the NBA is looking at a new network deal, and the cap will get a big bump come 2016.
            Which is why LeBron took a two year deal so Gilbert will give him an even fatter check in 2016.

Comment

Just imagine the backlash he would get if he left. The deal was made a two year deal for a reason. Dan Gilbert will give him any deal he asks for. You need to read more articles about the deal. If LeBron left, whenever he comes back to the state of Ohio, he would most likely need a Mayweather like entourage at all times in his home state of Ohio.

the reason it was a two year deal is because he's not really 'coming' home...he's just visiting again

if he wanted to show commitment, he would have asked for a 5 year max which Cleveland woulda given him in a heartbeat

the moment i read '2 year with player option after 1' i knew that dude wasn't fully set...he only has 1 foot in Cleveland while keeping an eye out for whatever happens in the NBA...and his possible next destination

Comment

On one hand.....I think Lebron is staying in Cleveland for the rest of his career, will probably sign a huge 5 year deal in 2016 for the rest of his career with them.

On the other hand, what happens if Cleveland loses the next two years and doesn't reach the finals???

Lebron could be on his way out again if that happens.

Comment

Which is why LeBron took a two year deal so Gilbert will give him an even fatter check in 2016.
                  Yeah, that's what I got out of that as well.

Man, like 4Corners just mentioned though, if things don't go so smoothly those first two years, and James decides to leave again?

Ouch.

Comment

lebron is trying to spin it as "COMING HOME"

truth is heat had no cap space, was about to lose bosh n wade is old.

cleveland has money, young players, and still has miami's 1st round picks.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                      the reason it was a two year deal is because he's not really 'coming' home...he's just visiting again

if he wanted to show commitment, he would have asked for a 5 year max which Cleveland woulda given him in a heartbeat

the moment i read '2 year with player option after 1' i knew that dude wasn't fully set...he only has 1 foot in Cleveland while keeping an eye out for whatever happens in the NBA...and his possible next destination
                      I'm sure he would've still wanted to "come home" if Miami pulled off the 3 peat.

Comment

Working...
                      X