No announcement yet.

Leonard v. Duran I (rare footage) + Scorecards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GRboxing View Post
    The fight was definitely more competitive than it was actually close. Ray Leonard fought great but Duran won a clear majority of rounds.
    This!

Competitive doesnt equal close.

Comment

Man this brought back memories. I thought that Duran clearly won, and I was a big Sugar fan.

Comment

Leonard was the better fighter because he beat them all, and Duran didn't...but Duran's style could stand the test of times young and old, Leonards couldn't. But in Leonard's defense, he lost a few years from the eye injury.

Comment

Duran was a tough and great fighter but Leonard who is probably my all-time favorite , had more talent. Faster, better boxing skills and had power also. Leonard did play into Duran's strength's in the first fight but still did well and took a lot of hard shots and went 15 rounds.

He showed a lot in grit in that fight. Something that many people didn't think he had. How could anyone compare Leonard to the cherrypicking Mayweather has done for a long time, when he fought Duran at his best and Hearns at his best,others also. A lot of people thought he would get killed.

Comment

Working...
          X