Juan Manuel Marquez and Manny Pacquiao appreciation thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan Manuel Marquez and Manny Pacquiao appreciation thread

Four great fights.

Pacquiao barely took a backwards step in 42 rounds of boxing and always kept throwing despite Marquez's awesome displays of counter punching. Marquez fought back from 5 knockdowns and showed both the bravery to stand in front of Pacquaio and the skills to make it work, not to mention stepping up well beyond his true weight to try to prove himself as the best.

I honestly think that Pacquiao vs Marquez IV was the best fight I've ever seen. It combined some great technical boxing with an all-out war. I counted ONE clinch.

Thanks, guys. Both a true credit to the sport

The Mexicutioner Has Been Mexecuted

Comment

Greatest rivalry in boxing!! The ending was icing on the cake. The pacquiao fan in me is devastated but the boxing fan in me is still in awe of what just happened and reminded me why I love this sport so much.

That fight was incredible. both men knew what was at stake and it felt like they had a mutual understanding that it had to end in a KO. The intensity of that fight was unreal. Both were looking to KO each other from round 1 and you could just feel that there was going to be a Knockout.

Comment

Both true warriors.. amazing four fights, all of them have been intense toe to toe action.

Comment

Great thread!
          Both of these fighters deserve all the respect in the world. So Manny lost, but you still need to give him credit for the way he fought.

Comment

Fantastic rivalry that I am grateful for experiencing! This rivalry was poetic. I hope they turn out to be great friends after this. Their legacies are sealed.

Comment

Great, great rivalry. Both men are legends.

Comment

One of the most sensible threads of the night. Couldn't agree more.

Comment

I have nothing but respect for what the two of them did tonight.

I was rooting heavily for JMM, but it didn't feel right seeing Manny down for so long. It's a hell of a fullstop for JMM's career and the rivalry (hopefully) but that was brutal.

Comment

Both of them are true warriors. Boxers, fighters, savages, balls out to the tee. Their legacies are firmly set in stone.

**** all the ranking, mythical matchups, etc. These men go down as having p4p some of the biggest cajones in boxing.

Salute to 2 true soldiers.

Comment

Working...
                    X