No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peterson Scandal: VADA's Goodman Responds to Schaefer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
    They should put a clause in future contracts that state you should atleast tell the promoters who have a ton of money invested.

Tickets are sold for a Khan vs Peterson fight and now fans will have to settle for some new guy for Khan to fight.
    Considering the promoters are the ones in charge of the contracts you would think they would be smart enough to require themselves to be notified if the VADA gets a positive. They only have their self to blame on that one.

Comment

If GBP or schaefer werent a signatory on the VADA contract why is schaefer whinning for? And since Schaefer represent Khan and were advocating a better testing procedure with Mayweather VS Pac shouldnt they make sure they are in the front of this sort of things?

Comment

Also I wish the article went into some more detail on the drug test. How do you "test positive for testosterone"? Id like to know if they found elevated levels but dont know what drug he actually used or if they were able to find out the specific steroid drug he took, which usually they are able to name it.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
          why is schaeffer bittching anyway? it was the fighters who commissioned VADA to do the testing so that's where the report should go. now if the fighters authorized VADA to inform their promoters of the results then yeah gbp can demand a copy of the report.
          coz boxingscene got the first hand scoop than him! lol

Comment

I'm kinda surprised at team peterson. They knew all along and just carried on training without informing GBP or teak khan? Surely there camp cant have gone well after it got overshadowed with this?

Comment

Floyd look what you got your own people into. Peterson called for the random tests and fu ck ed himself. Floyd needs to do VADA test too, not WADA, and will be next to get caught with PEDs.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                Considering the promoters are the ones in charge of the contracts you would think they would be smart enough to require themselves to be notified if the VADA gets a positive. They only have their self to blame on that one.
                Exactly, GBP should not cry about this of them not inform immediately. Its their fault and I HOPE they have good backup plans if one of the boxer tested positive... Sounds like they are not prepared what to do next....

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                  why is schaeffer bittching anyway? it was the fighters who commissioned VADA to do the testing so that's where the report should go. now if the fighters authorized VADA to inform their promoters of the results then yeah gbp can demand a copy of the report.

Sounds like the fighters did this on their own on the side without it in their fight contract anywhere?

The promoters are going to have to think this out better in the future because now they have a mess with the fight off and who is going to pay for the sunk costs they already put into the promotion, if they have insurance the insurance company will try to get out of it because theres nothing in the contract ect.

If it was 2 different promoters they might try to get money from the guy that tested positive. But when they promote both guys, now what, they just eat the cost unless they want to sue their own guy and even then it doesnt sound like there is anything agreed to on what to do for a positive result.

If the Vada notified the Athletic Commission, I wonder then if they do not sanction the fight even though its not their test? Or if the fighters could agree to fight anyways like they do when one of them is overweight?

Sounds like everyone just assumed there would be no positives with people agreeing to extra testing. I would have thought so too.
                  Last edited by elfag; 05-08-2012, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Oh boy, this will turn out lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                      I have no problem how VADA handled this procedure. I believe they did it in the right way.
                      Yeah I agree , it was up to Team Peterson to say something to promoters not VADA .

Comment

Working...
                      X