Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather To Pacquiao: No 50-50 and I'm Not Budging!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by adp023 View Post
    You used the poker analogy wrong. You defined his "position" as his current finances. But you don't understand that the "chips on the table" are essentially his market share, not his finances. Floyd 's value (compared to Pacquiao) has not increased since he agreed to the 50-50 share. In contrast, many can easily argue that Pacquiao's value is now higher than Floyd's due to his major endorsement deals since 2009.

I'll make my point clear. Floyd's mindset is neither a valid negotiating argument nor a rational negotiating stance. Agreed? But most people predicted that Floyd would find an excuse renege on the 50-50 as soon as Pacquiao agreed to random testing. Bottom line, he's the one delaying the fight.
    His chips on the table are what he views as his current place, with more chips he is more willing to play the game. With less he has to be more agreeable.

Floyd's mindset has to do with taking a hard line negotiating, if you think his stance is right or wrong has no place. He is taking that stance because he is in a position to take such a stance.

I don't care what you think, I was explaining why Floyd accepted 50/50 before when he didn't have his chips right and why now when his chips are at a better level he is unwilling to do that. You are bringing in other things that have nothing to do with that~

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Bull****!! This fight is one of the very FEW fights that where a 50-50 splits make sense! ****ING A FLOYD!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by carts View Post
        will floyd earn 40mil+ in fighting somebody and not pac nahhhh... this is just ducking QUACK QUACK QUACK
        He got 40 mil fighting Mosley and Ortiz

He will get even more fighting Cotto

Comment

• Floyd can not sell PPV. His last fight showed a very low number. HBO can not say anything about it because it is just too embarrassing to talk about. This coming fight against Miguel Cotto will be the same thing, it will be another comedy show. Intelligent people will not spend their hard earned money on any chicken Floyd Mayweather fight if it is not against the great Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            Yeah, your poker comparison is dead on.

It wont happen the way Floyd offered it with Arum.

If Pac was free like Cotto, it would.
            The Gambler's poker analogy is wrong because "the chips on the table" are not what's currently in Floyd's bank account (nor Pacquiao's). It's his market value compared to Pacquiao's. Since that hasn't really changed since he initially agreed to the 50-50, demanding for more isn't a valid argument for Floyd. Floyd's mindset is irrational.

Comment

• Intelligent people will not spend their hard earned money on any chicken Manny Duckiao fight if it is not against the great Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

• bubbles always come to an end.
                The writting is on the wall. The few times he fights and the non existent competitive opponent.
                To be honest if not for the size advantage, or youth was there really that much seperation in the ODLH fight? Shane looked winded in Round 1 but had the best defensive fighter holding on for dear life.
                Hatton a 147 fighter who looked awful vs Collazo was hanging around for ten rounds. What would have happened with Ortiz if it continued ?
                Can a shot Cotto take Floyd to where he was vs Castlllo ?
                All the signs off a fighter that never even stepped in the ring with a real danger in fact left the sport completely when the biggest dangers were lurking ?

Time and time again what he says in one breath clearly turns out to be false and misleading.

Pacquiao is where he is because of the fearless attitude.
                He is willing to trade with all types of fighters no matter what.
                JMM only puts him in the mold of ATG's who ALL had trouble with one or two opponents.
                Boxing is about styles. If you watched a special needs Ortiz able to keep up with Floyd in any way you understand why there is no way he enters the ring vs the best of this era no matter what.

Cotto will do fine because he has the experience of fighting better opposition.
                Floyd is going to pay for his inactivity and Cotto rewarded.

Having Berto, Collazo at 147 is one thing but having rounds with Pacquiao will be a factor. The sucker punch by floyd only took away valuable rounds of a needed tuneup and this will greatly increase Cottos chance.
                Cotto stopped all his opponents at 154 even though they are not the best he may be the one to pop the bubble.

An upset will be great for the sport and shine the light back on boxing and Pacquiao's fight with Tim Bradley can be watched as a great risky fight with a true legend who swayed me to his corner.
                I never favored brawlers only admired their bravery but pacquiao is a special fighter and I will always remember how he captivated the entire world with his humbleness.
                Last edited by ProTrainer; 04-23-2012, 01:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ProTrainer View Post

Cotto will do fine because he has the experience of fighting better opposition.
                  Floyd is going to pay for his inactivity and Cotto rewarded.
                  bahah hahha joke of the day

Comment

• Originally posted by adp023 View Post
                    The Gambler's poker analogy is wrong because "the chips on the table" are not what's currently in Floyd's bank account (nor Pacquiao's). It's his market value compared to Pacquiao's. Since that hasn't really changed since he initially agreed to the 50-50, demanding for more isn't a valid argument for Floyd. Floyd's mindset is irrational.
                    Thank you for telling me what my analogy means~

I would be lost without you~

Oh and I thought you liked exclamation points where did they go~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                      bahah hahha joke of the day
                      2007 Mosley
                      2008 Pacquiao

Floyd ?

Comment

Working...
                      X