No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jorge Silva To Sign Promotional Pact With Golden Boy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jorge Silva To Sign Promotional Pact With Golden Boy

Welterweight contender Jorge Silva (19-3, 15KOs) has caught the eye of Golden Boy Promotions and he plans to sign a promotional contract with their company. Silva appeared on two Golden Boy cards in 2012. He fought undefeated Yoshihiro Kamegai to a ten round majority draw in a fight filled with action. He returned in December, moving up to junior middleweight and fought Alfredo Angulo. Some thought Silva would be an easy target, but he put up a fight and made Angulo struggle in certain rounds. Angulo won a ten round decision.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Oooh! This is the guy who fought Kamegai? I didn't even realize it lol. Anyway, this dude got some skills but he's kinda goofy and annoying. Like all that show boating he was doing after every round when he was walking towards his corner during the Angulo fight.

I wonder if GBP is trying to build him up or use him as a sacrificial goat.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      Oooh! This is the guy who fought Kamegai? I didn't even realize it lol. Anyway, this dude got some skills but he's kinda goofy and annoying. Like all that show boating he was doing after every round when he was walking towards his corner during the Angulo fight.

I wonder if GBP is trying to build him up or use him as a sacrificial goat.
      Canelo at JMW? I suspect it's for this.

Comment

I'd like to see Silva vs Josesito Lopez at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
          Canelo at JMW? I suspect it's for this.
          I'd rage so hard.
          They're going after the guy who lost to Angulo.
          I'd seriously rage about this..... like.... I don't even know how you defend this

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            I'd rage so hard.
            I'd seriously rage about this..... like.... I don't even know how you defend this
            I'm trolling a little, but it wouldn't shock me.

Comment

This guy is pretty badass but they gotta match him up well at his natural weight class 147. Incredibly tough fighter will make for entertaining fights.

Comment

good sht silve is very young. Hopefully they build him up and dont rush him into any more fights he is not ready for.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  I'd rage so hard.
                  Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  I'm trolling a little, but it wouldn't shock me.
                  Why would it shock anyone?
                  Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
                  good sht silve is very young. Hopefully they build him up and dont rush him into any more fights he is not ready for.
                  That's another thing, he is young as hell. He was giving Angulo the business too. I was surprised they matched him up vs Angulo.

Comment

Silva got a nice set of whiskers on him. Angulo landed some great shots and the kid still had fight in him. Great to hear he's getting more recognition.

Comment

Working...
                    X