Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy was robbed in the Olympics. Did he duck Dariusz or afraid it would happen again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy was robbed in the Olympics. Did he duck Dariusz or afraid it would happen again?

So I keep hearing people say that the recognized champ (at the time) in RJJ was scared to leave his country and travel to fight guys like Calzaghe, Collins, and Dariusz.

My question is, after the olympics when Roy got robbed by the judges, is it fair to say he didn't travel because he was afraid of another robbery or because he was ducking them at the time?

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    So I keep hearing people say that the recognized champ (at the time) in RJJ was scared to leave his country and travel to fight guys like Calzaghe, Collins, and Dariusz.

My question is, after the olympics when Roy got robbed by the judges, is it fair to say he didn't travel because he was afraid of another robbery or because he was ducking them at the time?
    Prbly scared of a Robbery I mean Roy was the man at LHW at the time what he said was law at least shoul have been of they wanted to fight they could have came here and had netrual judges but they didn't want to and before someone says joe said he'd come fight Hopkins and jones and then thu post the link ask your self this of he wanted to fight them that bad then why didn't he bring his ass over here and demand a fight Hopkins woulda done it most likely to say he beat up a white boy jones would of had to do it because if he didn't he would look like a coward and a ducker and I think that would bother his pride to much.

Comment

Btw I'm not racist but we all remember Id never lose to a white boy comment

Comment

Roy was the recognized champion and #1 p4p in the world.

Who was Darius to tell him when and where they are fighting? The guy refused to fight Roy anywhere but Europe... suspicious if you ask me. If he wants a shot at Roy, he should have come here to America. Darius ducked Roy. Roy didn't duck him. The challenger makes himself available to the champ, not the other way around.

These guys were scared of Roy.
        Last edited by PeacefulFury; 05-24-2012, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Yeah I agree Darius needed to travel over to the US to get that fight. Roy was on top at that point. But I bet if you ask Darius he would say otherwise. Often I see people write about how Roy avoided Darius but I just think he refused to go overseas cause he was the bigger star. It's just like his disagreement with Bernard over the purse split. There's no way Roy would give 50-50 and there's no way Bernard would accept lower than 50-50 haha

Comment

roy was p4p1 and a rap superstar, had a multi million dollard deal with nike, who was dariuz?

Comment

I don't think he felt like the onus was on him.

Comment

This forum is very Americentric, its pretty funny.

Comment

Originally posted by PeacefulFury View Post
                  Roy was the recognized champion and #1 p4p in the world.

Who was Darius to tell him when and where they are fighting? The guy refused to fight Roy anywhere but Europe... suspicious if you ask me. If he wants a shot at Roy, he should have come here to America. Darius ducked Roy. Roy didn't duck him. The challenger makes himself available to the champ, not the other way around.

These guys were scared of Roy.
                  Did he though?

That seems to be the revised and accepted version of events.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                    Btw I'm not racist but we all remember Id never lose to a white boy comment
                    That was Hopkins

Comment

Working...
                    X