Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why all the sudden are people acting like Marquez fighting at ww is good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Mayweather doesn't get credit for the Marquez fight because he weighed in at 173 on fight night.

I don't have any proof, logic, or reasoning behind this of course but I saw what I saw and that's that.

Which is why if he beats Pacquaio (It's ok for him to fight Marquez because they're the same size) I won't give him credit because he outweigh him by 20+ Lbs on fight night.

Comment

Marquez is 38 years old anyway , Poochiao is a fraud

Comment

IMO, neither Pacman nor Floyd deserve any credit for this fight at welterweight.

Comment

What's up Larry?

You're right man. Marquez is not a WW.

Like Mangler use to say: "WW's should fight WW's".

Comment

ugh... no one is saying its a good thing...

Comment

it's a horrible weight to make this fight at, but what can you do?

The fight is happening, I'm watching it, you're watching it. Just leave it at that. This discussion has been done like 50 times already.

Comment

Originally posted by SyrianUser View Post
                Pacquiao is not coming off a 2 year lay off like Mayweather , he is not fighting the number 2 Pound for Pound fighter and Marquez is now 38 YEARS OLD .
                dont give us that long lay off shiet he juices why he is laying off and on vacation did he looked bad against JMM and mosley and now ortiz STFU *****

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  there are people on both sides.

some think pac is going to kill him and he shouldn't get any credit, some think it's going to be a competitive fight because styles make fights and/or the size difference wont be as big of a deal.

With the jmm-floyd fight there are two things:

1). floyd didn't bother making the catchweight and came in over weight (paid marquez $600k as a result)

2). Bad match-up for Marquez. Floyd fought brilliantly and marquez was forced to play the role of the aggressor and chase floyd around the ring, walking into traps. That's not marquez' game. He's best when he's the counter puncher, hence why he's done so well against pac (he'd let pac come to him and make a mistake and capitalize off it.

It's two totally different fighters, two totally different styles and I suspect two totally different outcomes. While Floyd vs Marquez wasn't competitive, I do believe Pac-JMM III will be. That DOESN'T mean floyd shouldn't get any credit either. It wasn't his size that beat Marquez necessarily, it was his game and the style matchup.
                  what i don't get with the size being an issue with these people is that pacquiao and marquez are roughly the same size. assuming floyd dominates pacquiao, will he not get credit for that win too?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    And Mayweather doesn't get credit for the Marquez fight because he weighed in at 173 on fight night.

I don't have any proof, logic, or reasoning behind this of course but I saw what I saw and that's that.

Which is why if he beats Pacquaio (It's ok for him to fight Marquez because they're the same size) I won't give him credit because he outweigh him by 20+ Lbs on fight night.
                    My feelings exactly. Green K given.

Comment

Originally posted by kev183 View Post
                      What's up Larry?

You're right man. Marquez is not a WW.

Like Mangler use to say: "WW's should fight WW's".
                      but pacquiao should fight middleweights

Comment

Working...
                      X