Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why all of a sudden is groves the underdog????explain.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the very first time I saw groves fight as a pro i knew the kid would struggle to get past european title level, he might eventually become a contender and challenge for a paper title but not any time soon, he makes basic mistakes, gets caught swinging, telegraphs and cocks his punches, and actually doesn't have any one special attribute. Just a decent/good fighter. He will get destroyed and have to rebuild, going for british londsdale belt, and eventually european

Comment

whos degale beaten better than charles adamu?

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
        whos degale beaten better than charles adamu?
        You could argue Paul Smith, but I'm not going into the reasons why that fight is a void.

Comment

Originally posted by iJohn Locke View Post
          You could argue Paul Smith, but I'm not going into the reasons why that fight is a void.
          I don't see why that fight should be classed as void.

It was DeGale's 9th pro fight, and although Smith isn't the greatest he's a decent fighter.

DeGale went to Smith's hometown and absolutely battered him.

It' a good win.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo87 View Post
            I don't see why that fight should be classed as void.

It was DeGale's 9th pro fight, and although Smith isn't the greatest he's a decent fighter.

DeGale went to Smith's hometown and absolutely battered him.

It' a good win.
            Ok, the fact he was a blown up middle, who has since moved back down, and the fact he is yet another Frank Warren fighter... You don't honestly believe Warren risked letting his no1 prospect in the ring with somebody as potentially dangerous as Smith without some sort of insurance (fishy business) do you? Really?

Comment

Hence the only reason Murray vs Mitchell is only just happening.... It's win win for Warren and whichever fighter he deems the better prospect the morning he wake from his kingsize bed I guarantee you will be the victor (not entirely legitimately). Man is a wheeler dealer, and Smith (I feel) was 'informed' to not under any circumstances win or even make DeGale look bad, Smith, up until that point had never fought so poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by iJohn Locke View Post
                Ok, the fact he was a blown up middle, who has since moved back down, and the fact he is yet another Frank Warren fighter... You don't honestly believe Warren risked letting his no1 prospect in the ring with somebody as potentially dangerous as Smith without some sort of insurance (fishy business) do you? Really?
                The only thing 'fishy' is Frank's eyes

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo87 View Post
                  The only thing 'fishy' is Frank's eyes
                  Lol, good point, see, it surrounds him.

Comment

I think groves hasnt looked great in a few fights,but they were there for him to try things out and improve,which he has done.

He and booth know his weaknesses,have worked on improving them,and made him a better fighter for this fight.

Groves has sparred froch AND dirrell,and both said he did alright,had good power,okay speed,was pretty good for movement.

Who has degale sparred?how has he improved?.

Dilks and smith were not good boxers,they were come right forward fighters,try knock degale out by slugging.

Groves will box and fight with a specific gameplan in mind.

Degale is understimating groves defence,his power,his skills.

Degale's defence isnt great,hes been hit clean enough times by worser than groves,he slaps and paws his shots,he doesnt have much power,and his chin is untested.

He last fought some tomato can bum just to "keep sharp",he shoud have fought someone half decent to actually push him to improve and deal with styles that trouble him.

Comment

Originally posted by dvb View Post
                      I think groves hasnt looked great in a few fights,but they were there for him to try things out and improve,which he has done.

He and booth know his weaknesses,have worked on improving them,and made him a better fighter for this fight.

Groves has sparred froch AND dirrell,and both said he did alright,had good power,okay speed,was pretty good for movement.

Who has degale sparred?how has he improved?.

Dilks and smith were not good boxers,they were come right forward fighters,try knock degale out by slugging.

Groves will box and fight with a specific gameplan in mind.

Degale is understimating groves defence,his power,his skills.

Degale's defence isnt great,hes been hit clean enough times by worser than groves,he slaps and paws his shots,he doesnt have much power,and his chin is untested.

He last fought some tomato can bum just to "keep sharp",he shoud have fought someone half decent to actually push him to improve and deal with styles that trouble him.
                      Groves may well have sparred Froch, yet Carl is still picking DeGale

Comment

Working...
                      X