No announcement yet.

straw weight to junior lightweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• straw weight to junior lightweight

why is it that from strawweight to junior lightweight some of the divisions are only separated by as little as 3 or 4 pounds. I dont care what anyone says but 3 pounds is not a big difference in a fight. They could easily split those into 3 or 4 real weight classes.

This is why iam not impressed at all when people jump around through those divisions and win. Boxing is so ****ed up

in the lower weight classes 3-4 pounds makes a difference.

not so much in the higher weight classes.

that's why the higher the weight class the bigger the difference between divisions.

for me i say flyweight should be the minimum and get rid of all the junior and super classes.

the original 8 plus cruiser is fine.

Comment

so manny pac fans can claim he jumped 17 divisions.

Comment

They rehydrate about 8 pounds after the weigh in, the weightclasses are reedickyaluss

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          so manny pac fans can claim he jumped 17 divisions.
          Joe Calzaghe is the greatest of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            in the lower weight classes 3-4 pounds makes a difference.

not so much in the higher weight classes.

that's why the higher the weight class the bigger the difference between divisions.

for me i say flyweight should be the minimum and get rid of all the junior and super classes.

the original 8 plus cruiser is fine.

You can gain/lose 3 pounds in a week, its impressive when someone like pac goes from 106 to 147 but when someone goes from 122 to 126 thats like nothing

Comment

Originally posted by boxer Q21 View Post
              why is it that from strawweight to junior lightweight some of the divisions are only separated by as little as 3 or 4 pounds. I dont care what anyone says but 3 pounds is not a big difference in a fight. They could easily split those into 3 or 4 real weight classes.

This is why iam not impressed at all when people jump around through those divisions and win. Boxing is so ****ed up
              it makes a difference if you're killin yourself to get down to weight or the best fighter in the weight 3 lbs above you hits like a welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                it makes a difference if you're killin yourself to get down to weight or the best fighter in the weight 3 lbs above you hits like a welterweight.
                thats another reason they should cut the weight classes

Comment

we should just have one weight class in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    we should just have one weight class in boxing.
                    haha.

Seriously maybe just for one fight card or something for laughs.

Comment

Working...
                    X