No announcement yet.

Alexander Povetkin vs. Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    Wilder is extremely dangerous... especially with those chicken legs of his.
    Because of those chicken legs, he needs to keep the fight at a distance and jab Povetkin to death. He can't do what Wlad does on the inside with the holding.

If it goes inside he's in big trouble.

Povetkin does get hit a lot so I feel like it's not so easy as Povetkin steamrolling him.

If Pov knocks him out I feel like it would take a while. If Wilder can control him with the jab and hit gold with a bomb, it's anyone's fight.

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
      What will the excuse be when Povetkin gets hammered...

A) Injured shoulder
      B) He was dehydrated
      C) Wilder ran all night long
      D) Haymon paid Povetkin to take a dive
      E) a 220 lb. Povetkin would've destroyed him
      Why do you have Povetkin so much?

After the KO you kept saying it wasn't impressive because Perez "wasn't in shape" lmao. Wasn't in shape in a fight that lasted 90 seconds? You have an agenda man.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd slapper View Post
        Why do you have Povetkin so much?

After the KO you kept saying it wasn't impressive because Perez "wasn't in shape" lmao. Wasn't in shape in a fight that lasted 90 seconds? You have an agenda man.
        He likes Wilder a lot. He's just being a fan.

Comment

Povetkin will be eating jabs all night long. Fury will whoop em both.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
            Because of those chicken legs, he needs to keep the fight at a distance and jab Povetkin to death. He can't do what Wlad does on the inside with the holding.

If it goes inside he's in big trouble.

Povetkin does get hit a lot so I feel like it's not so easy as Povetkin steamrolling him.

If Pov knocks him out I feel like it would take a while. If Wilder can control him with the jab and hit gold with a bomb, it's anyone's fight.
            Yeah but come on, Wilder could not stop Stiverne who was medically unfit to even fight over 12 rounds with bomb after bomb undefended altogether.

Povetkin has a beard about as hard as you can get also, but has good head and body movement so even though he still gets hit, it's never really flush.

I just don't see how Wilder has enough pop to stop the Russian pit bull.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
              Yeah but come on, Wilder could not stop Stiverne who was medically unfit to even fight over 12 rounds with bomb after bomb undefended altogether.

Povetkin has a beard about as hard as you can get also, but has good head and body movement so even though he still gets hit, it's never really flush.

I just don't see how Wilder has enough pop to stop the Russian pit bull.
              I think Povetkin will win sure, but Wilder has enough power maybe not to bomb him out, but knock him down sure.

Comment

All the guys in this thread saying how badly Wilder will lose are the same dudes that said stiverne was going to KO and expose him lol

Comment

Wilder 1st round KO. BOOOOOOMB SSSQQUUUAAAADDD!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work. View Post
                    All the guys in this thread saying how badly Wilder will lose are the same dudes that said stiverne was going to KO and expose him lol
                    Yeah that's true, I was one of those guys.

But a few important points...

a) Stiverne exposed Wilder's power as being great but not elite at top level.

b) Stiverne was exceptionally ill for that fight, close to hospitalisation and lacked his strength and had a low workrate even for him!

c) Povetkin is better skilled and fights much harder than Stiverne

d) Povetkin has already demolished guys who would likely demolish Wilder

e) Povetkin went the distance with Wladimir Klitschko

f) Wilder has never been exposed to European level boxing yet, let alone scored a win there.

Doesn't look good for Wilder, even without the trash talk.

Comment

I think this could go either way. If Wilder wins (and I think he will if he doesn't get blasted) then he deserves serious credit because Povetkin isn't a chump.

Comment

Working...
                      X