No announcement yet.

mayweather snr: Ali would beat klits to death and the division is ****

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
    With respects to Ali, he never fought the likes of Frazier, Norton in his prime so you see its hard gauge just how good he was when he was not beating that caliber of opponent, you can bring any fighters career back to the point where they looked at their best, or when they were unbeaten, and label it as their prime, however i dont know whether Ali wouldn't of still had the problems he had with those guys, of coarse Ali had better legs back then, you could also argue he was more naive, did not have as good a chin, he got decked by Cooper, he also had his problems with Doug Jones if i recall, very close fight to if i remember.

Patterson could barely move from the waist due to a back problem, not that he would ever beat Ali anyway, Liston was an excellent win, but Liston's style is not Norton and Frazier's styles, styles that gave him big problems, you might say Wlad is not Frazier and Norton's caliber, valid point, i do however feel he would still pose issues for Ali.

Wlad is a much improved fighter to the one that lost to Sanders, Purrity etc, surely you agree with that? Wlad's naivety owes a lot to his losses to those guys imo, hey, i still think Ali wins, just not sure it would be as! easy as some are predicting, Wlad utilizes his height better than guys like Terrell, Wepner.
    He beat Sonny Liston and Patterson in his prime. Two ATG level fighters. Liston is a top 10 All time HW, he is also much better than Norton. Lets put irt this way, when you are way past prime and still beat Foreman easily, then you can bet your ass he would have done it much easier in his prime.

Comment

Foreman would've crushed both K bros in the same night. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
        He beat Sonny Liston and Patterson in his prime. Two ATG level fighters. Liston is a top 10 All time HW, he is also much better than Norton. Lets put irt this way, when you are way past prime and still beat Foreman easily, then you can bet your ass he would have done it much easier in his prime.

He might be, but styles make fights, Liston's style clearly did not give Ali's the fits Norton's did, irrespective of prime i dont think Ali would of found Norton easy to deal with.

You would think so, but who is to say a more mobile Ali does not run himself into trouble, that Foreman does not think he (Ali)is just going to mow and old man down who is well past it, and is prepared to be more strategic in his approach and not blast away like a buffoon for how many rounds? that win owes as much to Foreman's stupidity as it does Ali's brilliance.

Now none of this equates to Wlad beating him, i dont think Wlad would beat him, but i dont think we can just cast Wlad chances aside if Ali were in his prime or not. Most fighters physical prime does not coincide with their Boxing prime, hence the reason they can be very naive in their physical prime, infact im under the impression most people think Ali never actually reached his prime.

Comment

Wlad would beat Ali. Any version of Ali. It's easy to be fast and slick against guys that got concrete blocks over their boxing shoes.

Comment

He might be, but styles make fights, Liston's style clearly did not give Ali's the fits Norton's did, irrespective of prime i dont think Ali would of found Norton easy to deal with.

You would think so, but who is to say a more mobile Ali does not run himself into trouble, that Foreman does not think he (Ali)is just going to mow and old man down who is well past it, and is prepared to be more strategic in his approach and not blast away like a buffoon for how many rounds? that win owes as much to Foreman's stupidity as it does Ali's brilliance.

Now none of this equates to Wlad beating him, i dont think Wlad would beat him, but i dont think we can just cast Wlad chances aside if Ali were in his prime or not. Most fighters physical prime does not coincide with their Boxing prime, hence the reason they can be very naive in their physical prime, infact im under the impression most people think Ali never actually reached his prime.
            I don't get what you are trying to say. Ali was far bette rin his prime due to the fact that he was one of if not the fastest boxers ever and was unhittable. Wlad is good, but he has no chance to beat Ali IMO, and would be made to look like a sloth. The speed difference is immense, and Ali's reach was close to equal.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
              I don't get what you are trying to say. Ali was far bette rin his prime due to the fact that he was one of if not the fastest boxers ever and was unhittable. Wlad is good, but he has no chance to beat Ali IMO, and would be made to look like a sloth. The speed difference is immense, and Ali's reach was close to equal.

unhittable? Banks, Cooper, Jones all managed to hit him, drop him even, you might say Banks was not in his prime, but he did show his naivety and got nailed pretty good.

Yeah? Wlad's reach is comparable/same? thats surprising. I think Ali would win, dont think he would obliterate or dominate as much as you think thats all.

Comment

unhittable? Banks, Cooper, Jones all managed to hit him, drop him even, you might say Banks was not in his prime, but he did show his naivety and got nailed pretty good.

Yeah? Wlad's reach is comparable/same? thats surprising. I think Ali would win, dont think he would obliterate or dominate as much as you think thats all.
                He would dance around and win a confortable UD. Wlad feeds off of Jabs and only throws the right when he establishes his jab. Ali would be able to counter it and move away very quickly. Ali's speed was insane, and did his best against taller fighters.

Comment

Common people

WLAD or VITALI would kill ALI.

This is different era,people are like 15 X better athletes,back then ALI didnt weight lift,he probably drink blood for conditioning like SRR was.

Comment

I wrote the same exact thing a few days ago...

I wrote that Ali would make circles around the big guys of todays boxing and kill them ! I hope that haters quote me when i wrote that !
                    Also, Ali is number one on my ATG HW list. Ive been boxing for 30 years and im always honest when i give my opinion.

Comment

If KEN NORTON can beat prime ALI so can KLITSCHKO sisters !

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X