No announcement yet.

Knicks to likely pass on Jeremy Lin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Knicks to likely pass on Jeremy Lin

"Linsanity" could be close to ending its run in New York – and no one might be more stunned than Jeremy Lin himself.

After the New York Knicks reached agreement Saturday on a sign-and-trade deal with the Portland Trail Blazers to acquire point guard Raymond Felton, Lin's future with the Knicks now appears uncertain at best. New York had been widely expected to match the three-year, $25 million offer sheet Lin signed with the Houston Rockets, but now already has three point guards under contract: veteran Jason Kidd, Felton and Argentine guard Pablo Prigioni. One league source said it's now "highly doubtful" the Knicks match Lin's offer sheet.

"He did not see this happening," Peter Diepenbrock, Lin's coach at Palo Alto High School, told Yahoo! Sports. "He sounded surprised."

The Knicks officially have until 11:59 p.m. ET Tuesday to match the Rockets' offer sheet. Sources close to the Rockets and Lin said Saturday night they had yet to be told of the Knicks' decision. But with Kidd recently signing a three-year, $9 million contract and Felton receiving a three-year, $10 million deal, the Knicks already have made a substantial investment at the point guard position. Matching the offer sheet for Lin also would cause New York to incur substantial luxury-tax penalties; the contract is structured to pay Lin about $5 million in each of the first two years and $15 million in the third year – the same season that the Knicks owe Carmelo Anthony $24 million, Amar'e Stoudemire $23 million and Tyson Chandler $14.5 million. Because of a loophole in the league's rules, Lin would count a little more than $8 million each season on the Rockets' salary cap, but the Knicks have to take the full $15 million hit in the third year.
    More sof the story here: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kn...nd-felton.html

So if the Knicks don't sign him he goes straight to Houston? Damn. I enjoyed his time. Wish him well.

Comment

I blame everyone involved. Knicks should have just offered him 4 years for 24.5 from the start. Lin wasgoing to e matched by the Knicks when it was 4 years 28.8. They told him this. He went BACK to Houston an they reworked a deal for 3 years 25 mil. He called the knicks bluff and now they are about to tell him "DUECES". I guarantee he would have kept the 4 year deal if he knew the Knicks wouldn't match.

Comment

Woodson said they would match the first offer but he went back and Houston added another 5 mil knowing the knicks would have to pay a luxury tax if they matched the offer. This kid is about to make Rondo money off just 20 games and not playing in the playoffs when he could have??????????

Let him go make Ewing and assistant coach and no one is even talking about this next week.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Linsanity will live on wherever he goes

Comment

Why pay Lin all that money when he's not completely proven.. dude hasnt even played a full year and last time i checked he's coming off an injury so who knows hows he's playing now.. Ive been a Knicks fan all my life but all real Knick fans know hes not worth that much money... Neither was Landry Fields... You all have to look at the bigger picture.. There's a reason that Chris Paul hasn't signed a contract extension... the ridiculous money they would have given to Lin can go to Paul who would most likely head to NY after his stint with the Clippers.. The knicks are loading up on old talent who they know can easily be gotten rid of when the time comes to offer Paul his new contract... just my 2 cents...

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post
                Why pay Lin all that money when he's not completely proven.. dude hasnt even played a full year and last time i checked he's coming off an injury so who knows hows he's playing now.. Ive been a Knicks fan all my life but all real Knick fans know hes not worth that much money... Neither was Landry Fields... You all have to look at the bigger picture.. There's a reason that Chris Paul hasn't signed a contract extension... the ridiculous money they would have given to Lin can go to Paul who would most likely head to NY after his stint with the Clippers.. The knicks are loading up on old talent who they know can easily be gotten rid of when the time comes to offer Paul his new contract... just my 2 cents...
                Couldnt agree more. Listening to these bum ass so called Knicks fans cry about this like Lin is some future atg is making me sick.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                  Couldnt agree more. Listening to these bum ass so called Knicks fans cry about this like Lin is some future atg is making me sick.
                  True that.. I agree he's good for marketability but he's a good backup point at best.. f.ukin Chalmers was making him look like an amateur...Dont get me wrong.. i like him but i doubt he plays to his full potential under Mike Woodsons system.. he flourished out of NO'DAntoni's system...

Comment

Originally posted by kej718 View Post
                    Woodson said they would match the first offer but he went back and Houston added another 5 mil knowing the knicks would have to pay a luxury tax if they matched the offer. This kid is about to make Rondo money off just 20 games and not playing in the playoffs when he could have??????????
                    Let him go make Ewing and assistant coach and no one is even talking about this next week.
                    Neat fact. He is going to make MORE money than Rondo in that 3rd year smh.

Comment

Working...
                    X