No announcement yet.

Arum, "The Purse King"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arum, "The Purse King"

Arum is tops once again. Throw Clottey a mere 1 million(which happens to be a Very Very small percentage of what will be generated) + a "percentage" of ppv sales and some people believe that he is doing right by "his" fighter. We all know that Clottey came from poverty (Arum is certain to remind him), but he is geting shafted on this one. Clottey, for one is gracious for the exposure alone. He made that point abundantly clear throughout the build-up in his bout against Cotto. Blame his "handlers" for being gullible and foolhardy as well. Is it his biggest payday? of course. Could they offer him more? Without question. But as long as Arum spoon feeds, He'll be happy. You can picture Arum throwing Clottey that "Bone" {Remember Joshua, you came from poverty?}....and clottey on the other end: "Thanks for allowing me to share the stage with Pacquiao". Arum is a "genius." Go Figure

I feel so bad for Clottey.

Hes getting **** money.

His trainers arent allowed in the US.

He should be at 154 Pounds.

He will KO Pac to just to get a draw.

Hes just a stepping stone to set up Pac-Margarito

Sucks. Arum is a snake.

Comment

Originally posted by -Reflexes- View Post
      I feel so bad for Clottey.

Hes getting **** money.

His trainers arent allowed in the US.

He should be at 154 Pounds.

He will KO Pac to just to get a draw.

Hes just a stepping stone to set up Pac-Margarito

Sucks. Arum is a snake.
      One of the biggest

Comment

Hmm, not sure if I agree here. Clottey could never make this kind of money, this is the biggest opportunity in his life.

And the purse split, isn't that kinda reasonable? I mean it's pacquiao, arguably the biggest name in boxing. People are ordering the PPV and filling up the arena to see him. This is common in boxing isn't it? Didn't floyd mayweather get like $6 million and sharmba mitchell earned about $250,000?

Comment

This what happens in an unregulated sport ......

That's why you need a very good promoter and manager in boxing. Without those two important elements and you'll spend your whole career glad to get the crumbs off someone elses table.

In the case of Clottey - he just has the misfortune of being under Arum.

Comment

Arum has been doing these things for years. He's been a snake for a minute. I believe nothing he says.

Comment

arum is promoting clottey as the opponent against his fighters

clottey might end up being the biggest scapegoat of this generation

Comment

WTF is wrong with you guys? Seriously...

Comment

Tom Hagen: Your father wouldn't want to hear this, Sonny. This is business not personal.
                  Sonny: They shoot my father and it's business, my ass!
                  Tom Hagen: Even shooting your father was business not personal, Sonny!

Comment

Working...
                  X