Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman: Porter Isn't Top Two, But He Remains Marquee at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Thurman: Porter Isn't Top Two, But He Remains Marquee at 147

Keith Thurman helped prove his case that he is one of the best in the welterweight division by beating Shawn Porter on Saturday night in Brooklyn. His win means Porter's loss, but Thurman also believes Porter's losses aren't going to hurt him too much.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Keith Thurman helped prove his case that he is one of the best in the welterweight division by beating Shawn Porter on Saturday night in Brooklyn. His win means Porter's loss, but Thurman also believes Porter's losses aren't going to hurt him too much.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Thurman is acting like he is carrying the sport on his shoulders because he squeaked by Porter with biased judges. Dude is full of himself, looking for him to face some semi-retired boxer next, maybe Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Thurman is acting like he is carrying the sport on his shoulders because he squeaked by Porter with biased judges. Dude is full of himself, looking for him to face some semi-retired boxer next, maybe Ortiz.
      I see you're continuing your little fantasy cycle in your head. Pick a fighter to win, ALWAYS get it wrong, discredit the other guy. Rinse and repeat.

Comment

I thought Thurman deserved the win but always hate the 'you need to do more to get the decision if you're the challenger' logic that LDB uses. Either you win a round or you don't.

Comment

Thurman knows Brook is number 1. Thurman vs Garcia fights the winner of Brook vs Vargas in a 147 unification, that would be the ideal scenario. Porter can wait.

Comment

Damn

Comment

I honestly thought Porter won. Thurman just looked so uncomfortable and he was getting ragdolled in there lol also he only throws that left hook. Can't jab for shiiit. Porter controlled the pace of the fight I thought he won 7-5

Comment

I thought Porter won and the fans at at the arena thought he won. Brook's #1, Shawn's #2, you're #3.

Comment

Originally posted by FJay360 View Post
                  Thurman knows Brook is number 1. Thurman vs Garcia fights the winner of Brook vs Vargas in a 147 unification, that would be the ideal scenario. Porter can wait.
                  It would be, apart from I'd like to see Brook KO Garcia in a big phuck you to Khan.

With Pacquiao gone I think Bradley is still in the mix. After Brook beats Vargas, I'd say the winners of Brook/Garcia and Thurman/Bradley meet to decide who owns the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                    I honestly thought Porter won. Thurman just looked so uncomfortable and he was getting ragdolled in there lol also he only throws that left hook. Can't jab for shiiit. Porter controlled the pace of the fight I thought he won 7-5
                    controlling the pace and landing clean effective punches is two different things

Whether he looked comfortable or not means nothing. Did Porter look comfortable at range? NO he did not

thats why it was a good clash of styles. Porter shouldve got no better than a draw.

He smothered himself, landed some good body shots but there were few rounds where they were clear for Porter. Thurman had rounds he won clearly and close rounds he won.

I can see a draw for Porter but thats mostly scoring for aggression, whether it was effective or not is another story

Comment

Working...
                    X