Who is the best promotor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the best promotor?

I say Eddie Hearn

Puts on the best shows and has a good stable.

I would have said Oscar but he's getting too weird for me

Arum is half dead

Haymons drug money is finally almost run out

The rest are bums

Comment

people nuthug promoters too? wow

Comment

Hearn probably puts on the best overall show of the promoters I'm aware of & see often. Although that might have more to do with the loyal & passionate UK fans than anything specific Hearn is doing.

I think Arum is probably best at building names. He's moved so many guys up & he moves up lesser talented guys to feed to his best names which helps build up his bigger name guys. Thats sorta a more controlled version of what the UFC does. The UFC just doesn't care or know who's gonna win. For example Arum might have planned to feed a guy like Ivan Najera, who he moved along well early, to Felix Verdejo all along to help make that seem like a bigger win than arguably it was. And there are numerous examples like that where a TR guy with a nice record is feed to a TR guy who's the intended superstar. I don't see many boxing promoters doing that quite like Arum does.

Comment

The Bobfather bar none.

Comment

Arum

Ppl talk crap about the old man but if you look at some of the greatest fights in boxing history last 50 yrs. Arum had a hand in it.

Comment

Arum promoted fights for ali, delahoya, leonard, hagler, duran, pacquiao, morales.....

Think about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                Arum

Ppl talk crap about the old man but if you look at some of the greatest fights in boxing history last 50 yrs. Arum had a hand in it.
                ^^^^^^^

This

Comment

Yeah but we are talking about currently.

Otherwise it'd be don king

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                    I say Eddie Hearn

Puts on the best shows and has a good stable.

I would have said Oscar but he's getting too weird for me

Arum is half dead

Haymons drug money is finally almost run out

The rest are bums
                    i am from the uk, i actually liked hearn when he first hit the scene even after his audley harrison vs haye joke PPV which he hyped harrison into being a legit threat and he didnt even throw a punch and got banged out effortlessly because he was trying and competition is good.

but he grew into a monster, hearn having a monopoly on most of the top uk fighters isnt good for british boxing, same as it wasnt good at golden boy, all the money in uk boxing is in sky ppv which he has rights for, dont get me wrong he does some good but as a boxing lover i just see through his bull**** completely, he constantly aims at the casual market and mis-sells mismatch fights all the time.

he puts on too many bum fights and does too much hyping, he also thinks he can under pay his fighters opponent and talk his way into or demanding that his fighter is the A side in most situations, i.e kell brook/khan (kell is the champion), frampton/quigg (we have the ppv).

both kell and quigg struggle to get serious opponents because he trys to get people for cheap or value for money, he feeds aj no named bums, the biggest fight he ever put together was froch/groves 2 because the public demanded it and the ref stopped it early (in some peoples eyes) in a fight where groves was winning on points. i cant really of seen that fight shaking world boxing like when a american ppv star does when he fights.

he basically likes to make domestic fights that are hyped or he hypes a domestic fighter and pays his fighters opponents peanuts because they are awful or no names, then profits. all of boxing pretty much works like this but to me all his fighters moves are too well planned, compared to others.

i dunno he just gets under my skin with his obvious bull****. his hype and lies annoys me, like when he said quigg was best in his division for example, list goes on, anyone who he has is best in his division.

he also has major issues with making fights involving the uk's 2nd biggest promoter (frank warren) even though some of the fights would be great.

i dont care if bob doesnt have a overstacked stable, the man is a tried and tested legend.

Comment

Working...
                    X